View Single Post
Old 2013-04-21, 11:09   Link #67
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Alright, I've just came back from ikebukuro sunshine movie theater. The movie lasts approximately 1h45 minutes and frankly, it was very good.

I first thought the movie would be some kind of rehash similar to madoka and nanoh movies, but they indeed promised something new and they didn't lie about that.

To describe a bit the structure of the movie without spoiling, the plot structure is similar to the originl series: a good balance between comedy and the serious stuff. And the transitions between these 2 parts are as smooth as in the tv series, with some creepy portions.

In general, I've appreciated a lot the movie for its actual continuity from the original series, making logical connections and references to it. It is always nice to see Okarin leading the lab members in his fantasies, leading to obvious tsukkomi with Kurisu.
And this is where things can go south: from what we know back in the original series, manipulating timelines was nothing but tedious. Without spoiling much, the movie gives an excellent introspect to every eventsdone up to this point.

Production wise, the movie was smooth although the character design didn't have any major improvement. However, Kurisu is noticably cuter, without overdoing it so it should probably rejoice ton of people (me included).
The music were sharper and less ambient: as such, you have much better emphasis on the heavy transitions around.

Finally, the performances of the seiyuu were as usual top nocht, especially Imai Asami who basically wiped the floor with everyone: she managed to outdid Miyano Mamoru by a fair margin, to the point Kurisu was plainly stealing the spotlight during the whole movie.

Satisfying and ties well with the themes and events of the first series. A must watch for any SG fans.

Anyhow, for those who are curious, here are the bullet points of the movie. Beware: these are plain spoilers, so you have been warned.

Spoiler for bullet summary of the movie:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-04-21 at 12:07.