View Single Post
Old 2009-07-30, 21:42   Link #230
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashinoUmineko View Post
My question is if they have the money to make 8 or 9 or-however-long-this'll-be episodes of the basic same thing, with different animation and all that crap, why doesn't KyoAni even THINK of bringing some anime back to life? I mean what about K-ON!, Lucky Star, and others that could've had a second season?

But NO. They had to waste their time and money on god-knows-how-many-episodes of the same thing.

AND now they expect the fans to buy seperate DVDs of the basic same thing.
I'm just disappointed is all...
I've figured out their evil plan.

Kadokawa and KyoAni did one season of Haruhi. Even though they had a tiger by the tail, they didn't want to do more than one season.

Except the rabid fanbase begged them to do a second season. For three years. If I had to listen to three years of whining, I'd be getting pretty irritable too.

So they decided to produce some new material. Just to shut the fans up. Except, to make it clear how much they hate the fanbase, they decided to animate Endless Eight over, and over, and over. The only reason it's even remotely interesting is because KyoAni decided to "stick it to the man" and animate each episode fresh.

Even if the rabid fanbase hates E8, they'll buy enough of the new Haruhi stuff that KyoAni and Kadokawa will, at least, break even, if not outright profit. Except the rabid fanbase will have learned their lesson, Haruhi will be dead, and the studio can get back to the business of producing single-season shots of shiny.

Years from now, anime nerds will have this very conversation:

Anime Nerd 1: "Dude! I so wish that insert series here would get a second season, 'cuz it rocks that hard!"

Anime Nerd 2: "Shut up! Shhhh, you don't want them to do a Haruhi to insert series here do you? Just be happy they're animating this at all."

Anime nerds shudder.

In short, to echo some of the sentiment I'm seeing around here, one of the few ways this makes logical sense is if one goes into it with the assumption that the production committee truly hates the fanbase.