View Single Post
Old 2010-03-16, 17:26   Link #716
Nakitaa

._. Not that I want to get flamed (which I most certainly will) but I have just been watching the anime over again with my boyfriend and I decided to pay a bit more attention than I perhaps did that first time around, I'll try and keep this information strictly directed towards the anime viewers:

Aizen is after making a "key" into the dimension wherein the "Soul King" resides. This said king and his "Royal Guard" are in a separate dimension then the Seireitei/Soul Society. The Captains Captain, squad 1 leader, told this to Tosheiro and his lieutenant about this information while they were staying at Orihime's in the world of the living.

From all of this, it is very important for you to realize that there are still an elite guard that we have neither seen or heard of in any complete detail. Being as these elite members guard the KING of the entire Soul Society, there's a good chance that they are at least "Captain Level" or high. Which is all Ishiin eluded at, that he was merely captain LEVEL or higher.

It's nearly impossible, given the time line information that has been hashed and rehashed in this thread for Ishiin to have been a captain of the thirteen court guard squads simply due to the Vizards (having sensed his spiritual pressure) to have not recognized his spiritual pressure as being his. That completely nullifies a good amount of time 110 years ago and back. And as for after they departed, Byakuya and Rukia most likely would have recognized his spiritual pressure, or namesake, or kin (Ichigo) if they had known Ishiin in any way.

And Kisuke Urahara? Simple enough that Kisuke would have been the one to make the Gigai he is/has been residing in for the past 20 years. Also note, that while we may not know the complete details of how a gigai functions, we do know that all the shinigami that reside in them continue to eat and what have you, so there's a good chance that the gigai is literally and empty organic body. Most likely fully capable of producing offspring. And nothings to say that Urahara isn't fully capable of making a special request.

::deep breath::

So basically my theory is that Ishiin, while he may have been a captain once a very long time ago- may have been promoted or moved into the ranks of the Royal Guard. Whose sole duty is to protect the king, not the Soul Society- therefore they would have no need to involve themselves with Aizen or anything that would threaten the Soul Society itself.

Flame away.