View Single Post
Old 2010-12-09, 18:14   Link #1223
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuzeminna View Post
that's my beef with ft, really. When i first heard about it, i was delighted that the writer of ep0 was going to add to the ac universe by writing a (possible) sequel. After all, the information we got from ep0 had me view several characters in a different light, most notably wu fei. In the series he's just a jerk who doesn't like women and calls his gundam weird names. But when you learn that he's fighting in honor of his deceased wife, he suddenly becomes an admirable jerk xd
ep0 ties in wonderfully with the series. Suddenly things get so much more meaning, like duo's clothes or the nickname 'nataku' or triton's (yes, triton) 'her tears stopped me'. Ep0 added loads and loads of depth to the characters. Congrats on that, sumisawa.

But ft... Seriously, i lost count on how many times i laughed my head off. Some things are good but sadly there is just as much good stuff as there is, pardon me, crap. For instance, i don't see why sumisawa felt the need to add that incest scene between treize and his mom. That was just freakish and completely uncalled for. Oh, and if you're out of good ideas to tie two characters, know what? don't do it. The subtle stuff is brilliant, like one of treize's subordinates being related to the cinq kingdom assault dude (onegal was it?). But retconning odin's look to make him look like heero's dad? come on. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Heero's story has been shrouded in mystery for ages now, if you're going to reveal it at least make it something super special awesome. Besides, the universe exists of more than 12 people. Forcing a connection, come hell or high water, is just unnecessary in my opinion. Plus, it makes heero look like a complete moron to not notice him being the spitting image of new!odin. And heero is by no means stupid. Or is he

That's my problem, really. While episode zero added to the story and characters, frozen teardrop is changing stuff. Sure, it's not major (with the exception of odin >_>) but it doesn't really help. Rather it bugs. At least me.

*breathes* ok, now i feel better, having gotten that off my chest. Ranting is so much fun
Quote:
Come on though, Heero didn't need Relena to point it out for him. He knew it, she knew it and she knew he knew it.
Agreed on all accounts!