View Single Post
Old 2004-10-29, 00:35   Link #56
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
I think TV Tokyo is just as strict as Fuji though--for example, Mai Hime was going to have a lot more service (just look at the CMs for it) but they had to take some it out for TV Tokyo. That's also why the original Love Hina anime on TV Tokyo had no panty shots, while the OVA was straight to video so it had plenty. I like Negima, but as much as the plot seems to revolve at times around putting the girls into fanservice-packed situations, I think it'd be better suited for a satellite network where they can let the service rip. I don't watch anime just for fanservice so it's not a big deal for me, but if you're looking forward to as much service as the manga, you might be disappointed.
Personally, it's not really a problem of amount of fanservice, but the bizarre censoring like in Girls Bravo ep3 where the entire scene was blackened. If they can fit the fog/mist into the story, I don't really mind, but random blackouts are ridiculous.

Speaking of blackouts, I wonder how they're going to do that scene...
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote