View Single Post
Old 2014-08-24, 17:24   Link #4965
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post
Okay, I haven't played the game yet (forgive my heresy).. but what are the rumors about a new season? I've already watched Fate Stay Night so this new season is prolly based on the Manga that began after the first season..? Is there any correlation between the timelines or do we have a completely new plot ('cuz the first season seem pretty complete at-least in terms of Kiria.. Gilgamesh was still acting around w/ that robot tho.)
No. The Fate/stay night game (or rather visual novel) is the source material for everything.

The game had 3 routes with different main heroines and a different story each route:

Fate - Saber route
Unlimited Blade Works - Rin route
Heaven's Feel - Sakura route

The DEEN anime from 2006 mainly followed the "Fate" route, i.e. Saber's route, while poorly incorporating elements from the other two routes.

The manga was a mix of "Fate" and "Unlimited Blade Works", while also poorly incorporating elements from the "Heaven's Feel" route.

The DEEN Unlimited Blade Works movie from 2010 was a (very rushed and poorly executed) straight on adaption of the "Unlimited Blade Works" route.

Now ufotable, who also animated Fate/Zero, will completely adapt the "Unlimited Blade Works" route (Rin route), which will start airing as a split cour anime in the beginning of October, called "Fate/stay night (2014)".

Later on ufotable will also make a "theatrical release" (which could be either a movie, or a series of movies) of the third and as of yet not adapted route "Heaven's Feel" (Sakura route).

I hope this was enough to answer this question. If something is not clear yet, just ask again.

EDIT: Maybe there is a misunderstanding... Did you watch Fate/Zero or Fate/stay night or both?

Last edited by GreyZone; 2014-08-24 at 17:36.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote