View Single Post
Old 2012-07-19, 10:21   Link #29718
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

I always wondered what would happen if Natsuhi just... told everybody someone was trying to blackmail her. She doesn't have to say why, after all; the onus would then be on everybody else to stake a claim as to why someone would be trying to do that to her and she happens to have an incredibly convenient alternative motive to which she can confess (related to the baby and thus not anything to do with present-day Kinzo specifically).

Plus then if someone called to tell her to go to a specific bedroom she could just tell everybody that someone called and told her to do that. It'd completely screw everything up.

Of course nobody would do this because it's a mystery and "no one would believe me," but seriously, they don't even have to believe you to mess everything up. Hideyoshi's "death" only works because Natsuhi was in there. If she tells everybody not to go to that bedroom and then doesn't, especially if they start keeping watch over her, she can't be responsible for it and it just wouldn't happen.

I'm honestly more amused with the way nobody seems to have any problem believing Natsuhi was physically capable of the supposed First Twilight murders. It seems really hard to kill a half-dozen people all in a single room, even if they're asleep. People tend not to be asleep very long if you start trying to kill them with a knife. Then again, Natsuhi just believes the murders happened too and doesn't really question it, so I'm going to guess it's a genre thing.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote