Thread: Licensed Avatar: The Last Airbender
View Single Post
Old 2006-06-04, 19:07   Link #1
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Let me just say, no one is more skeptical of "Americanime" than I am. I have nothing against Americanadian animation - when it's done well, it can be outstanding. When it tries to be Japanese, well... And the first few episodes of "Avatar" didn't do anything to change my mind. In fact, I gave up and lost touch with the show altogether for a while.

Has anyone been watching this series lately? It went and got really good. The plots have gotten much more believeable and interesting, the characters have developed with far more complexity than I'd have imagined, and the humor has lost it's broad, slapstick clumsiness and gotten much sharper. The voice acting is remarkably good considering the age of the cast, and the animation is consistently, respectably, good - by the standards of it's competition, anyway. All of the threads of the plot are starting to come together and I find myself genuinely interested in what's going to happen. It may be the first American cartoon that really tried to incorporate what was good about Japanese animation without being a weak, pale imitation. No one is more shocked than me...

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2006-06-04 at 19:38.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote