View Single Post
Old 2007-09-17, 03:25   Link #1
tyc00

Your Top 5 Favourite animes of all time PLEASE!!

Hi! I'm pretty new to the anime world as I basically started watching anime last year (which I've been told was a damn good year (2006) to start). I'm looking for some really top-notch anime here. I'm talking like total master pieces in your opinion. I'm hoping to cash in some of your suggestions so please give reasons and try not to duplicate lists (If your anime has been suggested try to think of a second best if you can but please don't feel obliged to in any way if you don't want to). And the anime list does not have to be in any particular order. Also the anime's can be of ANY genre! One more thing, please try not to spoil too much!OK, so I'll get things started.

1. Haibane Renmei -Just a fantastic work of art and storytelling with an amazing ending to boot!

2. Mushishi- Well the art and story just absolutely blew me away in every single episode. I just don't know what else to say, it's just AWESOME!

3. Fate/Stay Night- Well this is where my anime obsession started. Before I knew it I was already so attached to the characters and story. And the ending was VERY fitting.

4. Zegapain- One of the more original mecha animes I've seen. The story was great, the characters were very engaging and the soundtrack was just perfect for setting the right mood and tone in the story.

5. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya- What can I say. Just the single most entertaining thing I've seen in all my life. It was smart, funny, suspenseful and all around fun!