View Single Post
Old 2013-02-13, 10:19   Link #113
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I'm going to offer a theory on Blood Leopard -- that her avatar is Red because its initial, humanoid body is weak like a Red. Not much muscle mass; most is concentrated into the legs (especially the thighs, which Haruyuki notes are particularly thick); extremely minimal armor, too.

The transformation into the cat form is Leopard's version of "completely turning the tables". Her avatar goes from speed-based Red to speed-based "Super-Blue", gaining loads more muscle-mass across the entire body; including the jaws.

Blood Leopard could not be a Blue, because no Blue could be as fast as she wants to be. To deliver that kind of potential, the system needed to make her pay for it.

The payment is the initial weak Red avatar, and the time and effort needed to earn her "Super-Blue" cat form. This enforced waiting period might be some reflection on the impatience she seems to show.

SP-Drain seems to be a reflection of her efforts to reduce waiting periods. HP-Drain may be a reflection of a desire to avoid wastefulness; rather than all of that precious HP vanishing into a vaccuum when she inflicts injury, she can conserve some of it by drinking it up.
That was...very well thought out. Until now, I've only thought of trauma producing avatars, not wishes...So this might be how author doesn't actually break his rules.

On this note, might you then respond to my reply on Noumi?