View Single Post
Old 2010-07-26, 09:10   Link #14588
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Meaning they either intended everyone to go there to fabricate an excuse to send some people out (this all but necessitates someone in the ep1 study scene is a collaborator with the killer), or the letter was "insurance" in case anybody tried to hide in the study.
In the latter case, it's better if the discord letter has been kept in the study in the first place. In fact, I'm still suspecting the discord letter in particular is not really related to murders or fake murders, and the epitaph solving plot stands neatly on it's own. I think it's an extra epitaph hint, prepared long beforehand together with the First Letter, the purpose of which is only and exclusively to get people to have an epitaph solving party. An "intellectual night" with high stakes but no real or perceived danger to life and limb.

Once the letter exists beforehand, it's very easy to "place" a letter without ever touching it and without even knowing you did - for example, if there's a tray or a book on the table covering it, moving it will reveal a letter, but you might not notice this happened until you take the next look at the table.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote