View Single Post
Old 2012-10-10, 00:09   Link #1172
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't put any stock in polls.
I bet you're one of those who thought this election was Game Over when the liberal media milked The Dinner Video with a meme that came with it... to death NEWSFLASH: That meme has now worn off just like (imo) the memorable one 0bama generated ~3 months ago.

btw that Huffpo scoreboard expectation(s) was waay over-inflated and is now returning to real world levels

anyways... I mentioned this months ago, and it's now reverberating to one of pro-0bama channels.

Chris Todd's (NBC) latest damning assestment should have you d-crats in frantic at this stage!

Well, it’s simply an enthusiasm gap. And we’re seeing it across the board. Look at here in this first one. 79% of Republicans call themselves extremely interested in this election. On a scale of one to ten, that means they said they’re a nine or a ten on interest in the election. 73% of Democrats.

Look at four years ago. It was a 13 point gap in favor of the Democrats. Let me go through some various voting groups. This is an important voting group. Seniors are an important voting group to Mitt Romney now. He leads them by about 10 points in our NBC Wall Street Journal poll. Look at this in engagement in the election. Four years ago was 81%, pretty higher. Even higher this time at 87%. And Romney’s doing better among seniors than McCain did.

Let me go to an important voting group for the president, young voters. Look at this engagement level: 52% now they call themselves, voters 18 to 34, call themselves extremely interested in this election. Four years ago it was 72%. That 20 gap. The president wins young voters by huge margins. He’s winning them by some 20-plus points. But if you don’t have this kind of enthusiasm, they’re not going to show up to the polls.

And then let me give you this last one here, because this is, I think, the most important one. And that’s Hispanics. The President’s winning Hispanics by 50 points. He hit the 70% mark. However, look at this in terms of interest in the election. 59% now, it was 77%. What does that mean? President got 65%, I believe, of Hispanics four years ago.

So even though he’s going to get more Hispanics, if less of them turn out, it’s a net zero.
And yet, you look at Republican enthusiasm, up, senior enthusiasm, up. It’s a huge problem. And by the way, all of this, pre-debate.