View Single Post
Old 2008-12-16, 21:31   Link #74
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenx13xangel View Post
Randomly putting out my opinion here:

Mai Otome & Mai HiME are connected. After watching Mai Otome for the second time I picked up more references than I had the first. The same with Zwei & the first two episodes of 0~Sifr pretty much convinced me Im correct.

Mai Otome is the same world, but in couple of milleniums time.

Allow me to explain. Everything in existence is subject to change. The only thing that will not change is the certainty of change itself. Thousands of years ago earth used to be all one continent & sea, but then earthquakes and such separated it all. Wars and politics lead to countries changing everything, including their names. Who is to say that the same has not happened in the Mai-HiME/Otome world? What was once Japan is now the cat-god Mikoto's mountain (cant for the life of me remember the name) and Fuuka Academy lies at the bottom of the sea beside it.

Also Arika's mother (gah why cant i remember the name???>.<) was a HiME. The the tradition that was the main plot in HiME may have changed, which is why her mark is different. She is a new generation HiME (probably genetically for her connection with Alyssa) but the HiME sacrifice is no longer used so many HiME go on without ever knowing of their power. Lena (aha thats it!) became an Otome, which is the only reason she ever found out.

Also in OtomeZwei they fight with Childs (Mai vs Katsuchi[sp?] so sad) whos purpose has obviously changed also with no HiME to order them.

As for the same characters as Mai HiME, perhaps they are simply reincarnations? (except Miyu who obviously is never going to age or die)

Ok thats my theory, you may agree or disagree if you wish.
Well there are some things I disagree with in your theory. I don't believe Arika's grandmother is a natural HiME that's a new generation. Remember in Mai-HiME it was the red star that gave the hime their powers and once it was destroyed, they no longer had their powers. Arika's family might just be in possesion of some unknown power they haven't explained yet. I think their are just as many evidences in otome to disprove it being connected to Mai-Hime as their are to prove it. My belief is that the Himes and Childs in otome might be different from HiME. Unless sunrise does something to connect the 2 like some sort of OVA.