Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-28, 11:53   Link #4006
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I put the blame fully on all the tank nuts that came streaming in when it became known that the tank action technically had higher billing than the girls, and this wasn't simply about cute girls doing cute things.
To be fair, the tank action is the standout element of the show. It's also probably the main reason why it was so popular on 2chan as well. Without it, Girls und Panzer wouldn't be noteworthy compared to a number of other similar shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I haven't done a [citation needed] on that, but what I'd seen of the numbers a few weeks back were quite good.
For anyone interested, here are the ANN numbers: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-january-14-20

This would be for Girls und Panzer Vol. 1's second release, and it indicates yet more supply shortages. The third release was available for order 3 days ago, and it's already sold out on Amazon. I can't recall any other show suffering from a shortage quite like this.

The original print run was about 14,000 units. It would be safe to assume that Actas' realistic expectations were 1/3 of the print run, 2/3 would have been very optimistic. Nobody expects to sell out, and Girls und Panzer is well beyond that already. The main question is going to be whether subsequent volumes will be large enough to satisfy demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I think it just first week of second volume.

Chuni probably sell more in overall but you can see how well GuP sell
Girls und Panzer is already the best selling show from Fall 2012. The early episodes were the weakest ones, so the later ones will probably also sell very well.