View Single Post
Old 2011-02-09, 10:49   Link #3174
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Pff... I don't know if copyright is so strong in Argentina (my country) but trust me that if I'd know any other language to traslate the novels I would, I know that traslating is dangerous due that you can get problems with the law but the beneficit that the internet gives you is your anonymatus, I mean, is so difficult to traslate the novel, post a link in different parts and then dissapear? Even if you upload it once and then it gets deleted, the fans will reupload it over and over again, look, B-T dropped the traslations a lot of time ago and I still see their volumes everywhere....
Those volumes were actually made when Viz had no authority over the SnS novels, so the volumes that were released from Baka-Tsuki then are perfectly legal. But anymore would be illegal, I personally wouldn't want anyone to get sued off or in trouble with the law to translate SnS novels. As long as they are protected from copyright is when I'll accept that. They can track you though if you just decide to disappear, alot of people have decided to attempt this in the past and ended up getting sued.