Thread: Licensed Tiger & Bunny (Sunrise)
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-25, 15:04   Link #186
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm enjoying the show as a whole, but really, it's mostly because of Kotetsu. It's so damn rare to see a hero like him in anime - a guy past his prime, struggling to do the best he can and keep up with the whiz-kids while still keeping a positive attitude. How ironic (and intentional) that we finally get a totally believable and likable everyman lead and he puts on a superhero suit for a living.
I'm enjoying the show a lot too, but it's for far more than just Kotetsu, as much as I enjoy him. I think it has one of the strongest casts I've seen in recent memory and the general interplay between Kotetsu and Barnaby just can't be ignored. I like the fact that the series is careful to make Kotetsu sympathetic in his goals, but that a lot of his woes are his own fault. Likewise, I appreciate that Barnaby's interpersonal skills need a lot of work when he's not on camera, but he's not really wrong about Kotetsu's more negative points either.

So for me, the strength of the show is the duo and watching them come together to create a true partnership. Barnaby has the polish, Kotetsu has the heart, and together they're much more than their individual parts.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote