View Single Post
Old 2012-03-02, 11:18   Link #58
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I'm not looking at it financially. From my standpoint, I just really hate that feeling of when I know whereabouts the industry stopped being innovative and switches to milking dollars from consumers. That's just how I felt, and everyone else can have their own opinions.

Like I said though, Black and White felt insanely bland when it came to the Pokemon themselves, and to hear that they're making a sequel off of it...well, I don't know what they'll do. Something that might be cool is a proper console Pokemon game, maybe? Nothing like that Colosseum stuff, but in the style of the handheld RPGs. As long as the new Pokemon they come up with show a bit of creativity, I might be compelled to come back. As it is right now though, I won't be able to stand the Black/White generation monsters again, so I'll pass on B2/W2.
Then again I don't really play for the story since it's a bit meh, although it's entertaining. I usually play Pokemon for the battling, where things get technical. This is why I spend a lot of time playing Pokemon since I breed for the right natures, IVs, egg moves and then EV train them. There is even a popular competitive Pokemon Battling community based just on that, which is Smogon. From there, you can use them in an online battle, which I did quite a lot, but not lately... but I should really get back into it since I trained all those Pokemon already.

Aside from that, I look forward to any changes to the metagame such as additional moves added and such in the sequels.