Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 16:25   Link #25244
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
... logged in on facebook and then I saw this pic.

Spoiler for There's some cold, hard truth into this.
:

I'm a very spiritual person, I'm a Christian, but putting God and religion into the schools...okay, which God? Which religion? Surely the people who want God in schools only want their God and their religion. So if they get their way, they'll probably allow concepts only for protestant and nondenominational Christians and they'll skirt around Catholic dogma. They won't allow Mormons ideas, nor Jewish concepts or Muslim concepts, and most certainly not those 'heathen' Buddhist, Hindhu, and Taoist concepts.

Parents can raise their children to be religious, they can make them take part in a religious community, students can go to school and be mindful of their faith and their beliefs as they interact with others at school and let them be their guiding principles there and elsewhere, they can pray at school, but try letting people be open about religion in schools and you got problems because not everyone wants to be a Protestant or a Catholic. You still have many Protestants and Catholics accusing each other of going to hell these days. So you could imagine some Protestants wanting "God in the schools", but oh no, not those Catholic concepts, and you can imagine some Catholic parents wanting Christian values in schools, but oh, make sure they are especially the Catholic ones, and then all the Christian parents will say "No, they can not!" when Muslim families and Hindhu families and so forth say "Can our children be open about their faith in the schools, too"?

A lot of Christians in this nation seem to forget that America is the MOST DIVERSE nation in the world and that it is the biggest melting pot in the world and that this isn't the 1950s anymore.