Thread: Licensed Rosario to Vampire
View Single Post
Old 2008-05-19, 09:01   Link #1991
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
The real question is "are manga readers going to buy the DVD?” Rosario sold well, over 6k for its first volume which is a rather decent number, so what does this say about the market, was ecchi the main point in hooking people up. Maybe it means nothing to some ^^,

Of course empirical evidence is only statistical numbers, what’s important is studio should listen to their customers and not the fans. A differentiation between fans and customers are important while a fan may object its not going to have any impact if sales are the main driving force behind most studio (except sunrise/Gainax).

EDIT.
I'm surprise this thread is still continuing. at this stage i'm curious on the sales for volume 2 sale should be interesting, considering trend analysis it should drop marginally.
The problem here is that by ignoring the fans you alienate your first source of income. Fans are the people who would que the day before to buy a release (done that a few times lol). Ignoring fans is pretty much suicide. Sure you may get sales, but if you alienate the fans those sales aren't going to be maintained.

A mate of mine bought the first DVD, but has already said he wouldn't be buying the others, and he's not alone, others i talked to have said similar things.

You need to balance customers and fans, and realise that the two are interchangable. If you don't, then you shouldn't be selling stuff period
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote