View Single Post
Old 2009-06-21, 20:35   Link #51
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I don't think you can call someone a good critic if he doesn't even understand what he's watching or listening.
Well, I don't know much about profesional critics, but........

1) This Show Sucks!

2) This Show is Awesome!

If one needs a certain level of understanding and knowledge to make his/her opinion worthy, I wanna know why these guidelines are only demanded from the first type of comment on this forum.

Do the people following (and liking) X-show truly understand it? Do they like the show for what it is or do they like it simply because a lot of people are talking about it? Why is it that we never blink an eye to people that has been using the second comment for years now?

Right now, many Umineko fans are claiming that the animated version of the game (soon to start) is going to be the greatest hit of the current season. Now, if someone (anyone) were to say that the show is crap, he/she will likely be bombed with bad rap for judging a show before it even starts.

From this one can easily see that blind positive comments are never questioned, all the while the negatives ones are not only questioned, but also challenged and looked down upon.

If people have something against harsh negative comments, they need to have something against blind positive ones too; Else, all explanations given fall apart, if only because the logic of it is not applied evenly to all comments in any given thread.