View Single Post
Old 2009-05-20, 09:30   Link #1061
Mentar
Banned

Well... as far as I know, only one blogger speculated that due to the length of the Hina-centric arc, she might confess and be rejected. That's the speculation of one guy, nothing more nothing less.

Personally, I'd say that if Hina seriously WOULD confess to Hayate, it would totally shock him. Hard to predict his reaction, but due to the intrinsics of the story, it's impossible for him to accept it at this point of time. (Which wouldn't necessarily mean the end of Hina's chances, but knowing her brittle self-esteem in romantic issues, it would be quite a blow for her).

What I'm pretty sure of is that whatever may or may not happen, it won't "take Hina out". That would cause a real firestorm, and it would somehow be illogical. Why build her up like that, just to crush her? I don't think so. No, I'd say it's more likely that A-Tan or someone else will interrupt their dinner.

What I'd hope to see: In chapter 224, the fundamental obstacles Hina and Hayate need to overcome, are displayed clearly once more. Hayate is unhappy about the fact that he _always_ manages to make Hina angry. He definitely blames himself for this. However, he doesn't realize that Hina's reactions are often enough not rooted in anger, but rather in embarrassment and inner turmoil. When Hayate - to Hina's shock and surprise - explicitly calls her a "cute girl", she turns away, losing control of her facial expression ... she's very literally shaking, fighting her feeling of joy and happiness, and at the same time, her feeling of embarrassment. But to Hayate, she is angry. (This time, an understandable misunderstanding, since she had punched him at the end of 223, and she looks terribly grim even when she claims not to be angry).

This is their quandary at the moment: Hina is terribly unsure and has near-zero confidence about her _girly_ qualities. Hayate is fairly insensitive at times and is stomping on her bare feet there all the time, to Hina's irritation. But at the same time, he confirms that he DOES see her as girly, freaking Hina out with embarrassment and suppressed joy. But she can't express this either. They sure need better communication.

For any lasting progress, two things need to happen:

1) Hina needs to gain confidence in her "girly" worth. She also needs to realize that she is just great the way she is

2) Hayate needs to get the idea that Hina might actually like him. Just the THOUGHT would be enough by now. THIS needs to get into his head. It's obvious that he doesn't want her to hate him (which he believes he inadvertently does all the time). But it's a long way from "I want her to hate me less" to "might she actually like me?"

So, if the next chapter could give us any progress on 1) or 2), I'd be a happy camper. At the least, I'm looking forward to more Hina in an evening dress ^_^

Last edited by Mentar; 2009-05-20 at 09:40.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote