View Single Post
Old 2012-10-29, 01:42   Link #1376
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
It does tell you are 'wrong' but through color and noise instead of "you are wrong" voice that dominator has...
And if you think it is a simple measurement tool, then it would be design like stopwatch with nothing but button to stop measurement or ruler which is a pure measurement...
again, Speed Radars like speedometers never tell anyone "you're wrong" and yes in fact they ARE simple measuring tools. All it does is measure the speed of the target vehicle. that beep you are referring to is NOT A RECOMMENDATION OF WRONGNESS/CRIMINALITY. It will beep as much for a speeding getaway car as it would for a speeding ambulance. it's just a warning that a certain speed has been reached, in fact officers regularly adjust this threshold on the speed radar machine, depending on the location, as I've said different places have different speed limits.that's exactly the gist of what I'm saying SYBIL + DOMINATOR is far from being SIMPLE, it's all encompassing, like saying a five year old can never be a normal person because he is latent criminal. Or recommending execution of a target because he/she is beyond help and therapy. this is a FORCED ANALOGY, reducto ad absurdum. so yeah they are both machines and they both measure something, but Sybil does something after the measurement...

Quote:
2) As analogy how Dominator is merely a tool, how Sybil System is merely a tool and doesn't have self-recognition as people accuse (for there are no such evident so far)

Yes it is grossly simplification to compare the two, but it is effective to show how unfair it is for people treat Sybil as failure while many things around us work similarly to Sybil system...
I do get what you are saying that both are just Tools (I don't get what you mean by [self-recognition] though I'm pretty sure it was never presented as an AI), but that's not a very useful comparison to make by virtue of orders of degree of sophistication. it's like your comparing an aircraft carrier with a canoe, OK they both float and humans drive them. or hand held calculators and modern laptops, OK so both have these number 0-9 buttons and can solve math. see my earlier posts about dangerous tools/items and how it can facilitate injustice, and how others would just accept it and use it being just SHEEP. especially since it gives encompassing judgement about people.

Well i never said SYBIL is a failure, in fact i think it's one hell of a machine!, and quite an advancement, but i disagree with it's use and implementation.

And no i disagree that there are systems around us like SYBIL, education some say, NATs and other placement exams some others. but again degree of sophistication and encompassing implementation. and definitely not like speedometers and speed radars. It may seem similar but it's not, there are underlying issues that makes it different altogether. like checks and balances.

Quote:
Though probably the term 'judgement' for us is different...
You seem to think it as social effect a certain act has while I think it as final act, the conclusion that exist at the end of acts chain...
If such is the case then we won't have any agreement on this issue...
I'm sorry sir i don't really understand what you're saying here if you will elaborate though
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote