View Single Post
Old 2009-11-23, 13:14   Link #1041
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Semi-rant ahead:

Three episodes out of 13 used to develop chars that aren't even important to the story. The only thing they have accomplished is telling Cecily that someone gave them the demon swords, but it's obvious from the very first episode that there is some sinister force out there doing something evil, so it doesn't come to much surprise that they were being used(though it DOES answer the question as to how stragglers from an Empire came to possess powerful weapons, not to mention
Spoiler for speculation:
). Basically, the story hasn't gone anywhere. Luke and Lisa are still doing the same thing as the first episode, but at least Cecily is improving with Aria some, which i think'll be crucial when they depart to fight, search for whatever, and/or get revenge(haven't read the novels, but they HAVE to in order for the story to advance as there is no way ALL the story events are going to come to them).

Cecily doesn't even feel like an important part of the story; she doesn't have any motivations outside "protect the citizens of the city" motif, and that just justifies the basic monster-of-the-week formula from the first 3 episodes. At least Luke has some motivations that might bring some good story to this series, as i'm sure once he finds what he's looking for, he'll set out to wherever to get his revenge, and chances are it has something to do with the evil that's plaguing the land. Who he's after, what exactly does he want to accomplish; these are all reasons why people are interested in him. If we leave it to Cecily alone, she will do nothing but remain in the city fighting random bad guys/monsters, and no one wants to see that. If they aren't going to focus on Luke, hopefully Aria will give Cecily new motivation to find answers to Aria's existence, and at least make some decent story before this is all over.

Well, the action in this episode was choreographed VERY nicely and fluid, esp the Doris/Cecily one. It was somehow refreshing to see the girls writhe in pain after such minor stab injuries, which kinda shows they are actually younger girls that are not oblivious to pain(many times such injuries are brushed off very easily). i hope they can keep that up in those human vs human moments in the future. And was I the only one confused at the part were Margot found the egg? I couldn't tell the diff btw Margot and Cecily .

Last edited by frubam; 2009-11-23 at 13:32.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote