View Single Post
Old 2012-11-15, 01:12   Link #117
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Lets not kid ourselves, tiger and bunny has a massive Fujoshi following or do you thInk tigers picture in this poll is appealing to fans of legacy mecha titles lol.
A couple points:

1. I'm not denying that Tiger and Bunny has a significant fujoshi following. Of course they do.

2. That being said, we're talking about NewType magazine here, and not just any random anime-centric magazine. The very name of the magazine just screams "mecha" (I'm sure fans of the Amuro Ray/Char Aznable Gundam shows knows what "New Type" means). So are Kira and Lelouch here because they appeal to fujoshis, or are Kira and Lelouch here because they're major characters in legacy mecha titles? Personally, I think it's more the latter. Given the very mecha-esque feel of Kotetsu and Barnaby's costumes, I can see mecha fans also liking Tiger and Bunny.

If Kotetsu ranked highly on some internet poll of international anime fans that was put up on a site like this one, or ANN, or MAL, then I'd think fujoshis are the main reason for his success. But given that this is NewType magazine here? Personally, I think it has more to do with mecha fans.

Quote:
Look at how the characters are marketed ffs, I bet you wouldn't believe me if I said gintama was another Fujoshi title but stats released by jump shows more females buy gintama than males.
I haven't seen enough of Gintama to say if it's a Fujoshi title or not. Maybe it is.