Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-12, 20:44   Link #230
LeoXiao
思想工作

The Panther/Panther II/E-50 tanks are a real challenge to play. You have a high top speed and powerful engine and a high-accuracy, high-ROF cannon, but your damage is limited, your armor is okay to bad, and you are a large target. But because of the speed and accuracy it's tempting to rush to more and more dangerous locations when what you should be doing is sitting around in the back supporting the heavies. I find that it's hard to get lots of kills in these tanks. I only got Top Gun once or twice in my Panther, 3 or 4 kills in my Panther II, and never more than 2 with my E-50 so far, though getting Sniper is quite easy.

I am officially of the opinion that the Tiger I is the crappiest Tier 7 heavy there is. Its armor is paper, its gun is weak, its camo is crap, speed is low, and ammoracking messes up its otherwise decent ROF. Get the Tiger P instead.

As for tank destroyers... I like the Russian ones quite a bit. The SU85 used to be the most OP thing ever with the 107mm, and it is still my most-played tank. Once you get to the ISU you get the BL-10 which is a God Gun. The Object 704 is probably my favorite tank I have because it looks better than the ISU and actually has some decent armor. I am unsure about getting the 268 despite it being better by most accounts, but in any case it's about 230k xp and 6 million silver away so I won't have to make that choice anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Must say I had a lot of fun with the Panzer IV. I know they nerfed it since 8.0 but that didn't bother me. To mount that huge gun would have required a ridiculous looking turret, and I didn't want a ridiculous turret. I like how my machine looks like now

That being said, while I cannot stand pound for pound against tier 6 ~ 7 vehicles, I can still be a significant threat using my speed, size and maneuverability hitting their weaker points. I know I immobilized a lot of Tigers just by hitting their tracks.

- Tak
I was one of those who complained about the "nerfing" of the PzIV. But I think it's even more powerful now. It is very maneuverable, the gun doesn't feel much worse than before, and the turret turns rapidly. I use it as a medium scout sort of thing to screen for heavies.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote