View Single Post
Old 2008-02-10, 14:47   Link #70
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Hiromi is helping out data entry for the sake brewery, as mentioned in ep1 when she was first doing it. I expect that is what she is still doing, or else she would be on a computer in her own room.

That other boy is not Shin's brother, unless things are more complicated than we have yet imagined, he is an employee of the brewery. That's why he calls Shin "bocchan." I believe that statement was a setup to let us know Shin really is his father's son, so that we would not get confused at this point later.
Ah, well, I kinda missed parts of the first episode, my HD recorder cut off like the opening and the first 5 minutes... Didn't realize they explained it.

So that's what "bocchan" means... I thought it was some strange nickname.

I've been trying to watch the show without using any dictionary or looking anything up (only the occasional rewind for important lines like "I will take all of your sadness unto myself") in order to really test my listening comprehension. So far so good, but I'm sure I'm missing some little things here and there.

Frankly I much prefer the sunday morning anime which have a closed caption track for me to cheat off of .
Sam Pinansky