Thread: Licensed GaoGaiGar
View Single Post
Old 2004-07-30, 08:24   Link #20
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by baangaan
It's not that Exkaizer and Daguon are part of the the "Space Police" series; It's just that the heroes from a couple of these shows are members of the cosmic police, or have some kind of relationship with them. Might Gaine, J-Decker, and GaoGaiGar, for example, don't follow the cosmic police storyline, but are part of the same group of shows. The name commonly used to refer to these 90's Takara/Sunrise robot series is the "yuusha" or in English "Brave" series, because each show has "yuusha" somewhere in its title.

Also, it's pretty important to note that "Brave Of Legend Da-Garn" is not the same show as "Brave Command Daguon". The former is a Captain Planet-esque show from 1992, whereas the later is a show from 1996 that is more like animated Sentai. They are, however, both Brave shows.

-Jeff
Also, the Fi-Bird R2 DVD box is getting a release. In the advertisement for it, it mentions how the android made of Dr. Amano is able to move--it is merged with the Space/Cosmis Police named Fi-Bird.

I knew I saw it somewhere and didn't just make it up when I mentioned the Space Police bit

A detailed database may be found here if you can read a little Japanese:
http://www.nbn.co.jp/anime-history/index_d.html
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote