View Single Post
Old 2012-10-01, 22:37   Link #7575
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Just to grab a couple points, because I don't want to get into the whole argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
No, I disagree.
That wasn't a heart-to-heart talk.
Definitely an apology, but not more than that.
I would point out that an elevator ride is hardly enough time for more, and it's a matter of fact that any more was interrupted by what happened next. In fact, that's a pretty constant thing with those two. There's a moment, someone ruins it. The only solid moment they had was ruined by Lelouch himself for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Your claim of my not following the anime (I assume that's what you meant by "canon") is easily refuted by pointing out that Kallen is the one who contradicts Tohdou in episode 25 of R2, when he correctly assumes Zero is Suzaku, but Kallen says "No! It's Zero, the real one!"
So she's still covering for Lelouch at that point even though she's in a straightjacket on parade as a prisoner to be executed.
As far was we're told, Lelouch hasn't informed Kallen of ZR or that Zero will show up, or what will happen.
Therefore, she's still wagging her tail at Lelouch even though she might get executed by him as far as she knows (nothing in the anime suggests otherwise).
I have to heartily disagree with this assessment, because it's ignoring context. When Suzaku pops up, they take the time to show Kallen being surprised and suddenly realizing the truth. By ignoring this, per your above assessment, you're changing Kallen's entire motivation in the scene.

Tohdoh was in the midst of blurting it out. Kallen stops him because she realizes what Lelouch was trying to do. She isn't wagging her tail, she's understood what he's trying to do and is honoring it.