View Single Post
Old 2005-12-24, 18:11   Link #9
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
Wow, I just don't know what to say to that...I just disagree with you so much on everything. XD Even after having read all this in the manga, I just loved every minute of this in the anime. I thought 251 was one of the best episodes I ever saw. I don't know why you're concerned about the flashbacks progressing the story...how did Nami's, Chopper's, or Sanji's progress the story? They didn't, but they gave you important information on what makes the characters who they are.

As for Luffy, it's going to be a while before you really see him kick ass (as in fighting), but when he does, he really does. But at least in the next few episodes, you get to see some Sanji action, although not with CP9.

And lastly, for you interest in Robin, the poneglyphs, D, etc.. You're going to get a lot of information on that, but again, it won't be for quite a while in the anime.

Don't get me wrong, I liked alot of it...It's just that the story seems to be dragging a bit...This Franky arc seems more like filler than actual stuff that progresses the story...I don't know....I just got bored when I watched ep 4 of my 5 ep escapade and they were still dragging their feet with Franky flashbacks...Then the next ep is everybody just trying to get to train on time with Robin//Iceberg flashbacks yet again and Zolo trapped in a chimmney , when it looked like he was gonna jump into the fight the previous episode...

I guess the real reason I was frustrated is because so rarely do I get a chance to enjoy 4, 5 straight days of watching OP and if the episodes had been less flashbacks and more real-time story stuff it would have been more enjoyable to me

Eps 243, 244, 245, and 246 were soooo good I was just salivating for more of the Cp9 vs. Straw-hat stuff...Your right 251 was really good with the whole Robin angle and how she cares for her shipmates and I'm not just a straight-up action guy, but damn we need more fighting right now...If those 5 eps would have been straight Luffy pirates vs. CP9 members it would have been a great x-mas gift...