View Single Post
Old 2013-02-22, 01:37   Link #59
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Actually, I never particularly enjoyed FF X (Tidus is a close second to Vaan, for me, in the race to win worst FF protagonist ever; and while I suppose we'll never have a FF with the quality of voice acting of 12 again, 10's voice acting was not very good, but was largely ignored due to the simple novelty of having any at all). In fact, it heralded much of what's so bad about the franchise today, with corridors, etc. 12, with the exception of the bone-headed decision to make Vaan the main character, rather than Basch, was a step back in the right direction.

My understanding is that the team that made X made 13, as there are essentially two teams, doing every other game (not counting the MMOs), and there certainly are many similarities between the two.

In fact, the only reason I have any hope for FF 15, is the off-hand chance that it's the team from 12 that's been working on it for the last five years or however long it's been, and the more certain fact that it ISN'T the team that made 13.

That said, while I'm not a big fan of 10, I didn't hate it, and will almost certainly play it again if it ever comes out from being vaporware and sees the light of day.

What I really wish, however, is that they'd simply release their PS 2 games on the PSN. I really can't believe for one second that it's that hard to do. SE can seem awfully schizophrenic sometimes, when it comes to business decisions. They've shown they're fully capable of milking games, with FF IV being the prime example, but in other cases where you'd think they could make plenty of money with minimal effort (like releasing their PS 2 games to the PSN, or how long it took to slowly drip out their PS 1 games), they just make me scratch my head in puzzlement. Kind of like how FF XIII, the worst game in the franchise since the pre-epic story days (ie: since IV), is the FF game they decide to make two direct sequels to. Though, I suppose the cynic might chalk it up to the high development costs and an attempt to recoup them by re-using that tech/assets for quick cash grabs.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote