View Single Post
Old 2010-10-30, 07:53   Link #290
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
09:09 – And Sheryl brings the awesome, showing what exactly began changing minds about her. Her self-determination and forcefulness is brought around from being slightly bitchy to show how she does not just accept a bad outcome but actively tries to take her fate in her own hands.
Not for me...I still didn't like her very much at this point. From bitch (episode 1) to overly dramatic bitch (episode 2) to overly dramatic bitch who very nearly killed herself, Ranka, and Alto (this episode), I thought she kinda sucked. It wasn't until episode 5 that I warmed up to her.

Quote:
10:18 – Sheryl really isn’t informed well yet about the place she is now in… she quite apparently doesn’t know that implants are illegal on Frontier.
This is one of the touches I love...that Sheryl's line seemed to make absolutely no sense (to the point where I wondered if I'd misunderstood...and then I saw the subs, and they said the same thing...and I was very confused) until you look back at it after hearing about Galaxy.

Really helps make the world feel real.

Quote:
19:24 – Hm, THORA says “Sure, go ahead”, but I think I prefer the “Do as you will” I saw from other translators.
"Suki ni shirou yo" is one of those things that's very difficult to translate into English that sounds natural. "Do what you like" is probably the most literal translation, but I think "Sure, go ahead" or "If you like" convey the meaning better.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote