View Single Post
Old 2007-07-24, 02:52   Link #58
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I wonder why so many people call this guy "second leader". I think "client" would be a more fitting description. We know that all those ninjas in the series do nothing without a client who pays them (except of internal village stuff, which Akatsuki doesn't need).

This guy seems to be the one who pays Akatsuki. Maybe he even created the machine to extract the tailed beasts.

What I wonder though is why he isn't really shown. There could only be two explanations: The author hasn't decided on his appearance and abilities (like all the Akatsuki memebers weren't really shown until they were needed), or it's someone we already know and we shouldn't know yet.
If (s)he's just a client (=no ninja) it hints to the second explanation.
Well, just who could be a client ? The only known civilian are the Country lords (Kishi totally forgot about them and didn't even bother to show them, so there was no need to hide the mastermind), Ichiraku and his daughter (who disappeared for no reason in pt2) and the bridge maker and his family. The list is quite short.

Usually, the theories found on NF are totally ridiculous, but I like the idea of Tobi being the mastermind. Tobi was only a fake identity to allow him to monitor Akatsuki's progress. He was the only witness of the fight, that's why he knew Sasuke didn't die. He can't be dead yet (altough his current identity is dead though, he won't appear anymore under that form once he gets out of the fight scene) and will come back kick some ass without his mask. Just like AL turned out to not be Yondaime, but some familiar looking unknown character, Tobi will turn out to not be Obito, but a familiar looking unknown character.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote