View Single Post
Old 2011-09-13, 23:30   Link #66
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Hence why I said, "to a lesser extent". Regardless, Brooke had a previous pirate career. How long it was is unknown, but the point remains that he had prior experience/knowledge. He even recalls hearing about the rookie days of Roger.
Yes, but considering the part about Laboon, it should be their only voyage through GL and most likely he and his crew didn't even reach Shanboby let along NW. In that case, his experience is't anything SH hasn't had before. Also Brook seem more comfortable in follower role than Jinbei does. I just don't see Jinbei suddenly becomes follower when he's being on equal term with Luffy so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
2) It doesn't matter if it wasn't stressed. It's still a role he can perform on the ship. Prior to Franky joining, Ussop used to perform the shipwright/carpentry duties in maintaining the ship.

4) Only the extremists (Hodi, Arlong, etc.) have that mentality. The general populace are more scared of being persecuted, if anything. The superiority complex you speak of is an entirely different matter.

True, but it's a role that was used to show more of Nami's talent than anything and as I said, you claim Jinbei to be superior helmsman, I claimed that he hasn't show a thing that anyone in SH can't match. But really, it was a role being occupied by whoever is available at time. The only time SH would be in need of superior helmsman-ship it'll be during battle, but in that case Jinbei would be better served as a fighter, hence eliminate the need of such a role. (Personally I think Franky showed better helmsman skill than Jinbei had shown so far.)

Agree to some point, I mean consider Luffy and Shirahoshi's situation before. everyone jumped to conclusion despite Shirahoshi's attempt to clear things up. Maybe it won't harm the relation, it's not going to improve either.

Actually in that point, having Shirahoshi join SH and marks Luffy as her protector would have better effect furthering Human-Fish people relation than Jinbei serving under Luffy IMO.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-09-13 at 23:43.