View Single Post
Old 2012-04-24, 18:00   Link #3
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

If you don't mind mecha, then I recommend Eureka Seven which follows a young teen named Renton who likes to skyboard and comes across a rebel group called the Geckostate, and in particular, a girl named Eureka(pronounced Ooh-Rec-Ah) whose giant robot was damaged in a fight.

It definitely doesn't lack for romance or action, and there is very little ecchi in it.

I don't know how much action you like, but Spice & Wolf is a very interesting story about a travelling merchant named Lawrence Kraft who comes across a local harvest deity named Holo(or Horo, I've seen both names for this character) and he agrees to accompany her back to her homeland up North. There are a few scenes where Holo is nude, but otherwise there isn't much ecchi to it. Kraft and Holo are both very interesting characters, and they compliment each other in certain ways. You will also learn a bit little about economics too.

Another romance/action series with mecha is Full Metal Panic!. A mercenary named Sousuke is tasked with protecting a high school girl named Kaname Chidori who may or may not have a special ability. Sousuke doesn't really have any social skills, so him going undercover in a Japanese high school leads to hilarity. The first season(done by Gonzo) has a few unnecessary panty shots, but the sequel series to it(Full Metal Panic?Fumoffu, which is more of a comedy, and the very serious Full Metal Panic: 2nd Raid contain almost no ecchi content(although Fumoffu does have a hot springs episode, which I think is the only episode with ecchi)