View Single Post
Old 2013-08-17, 10:51   Link #189
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I am very interested in the changes they want to make to the combat system.

DA1 and 2 have some pretty terrible systems. A lot of attacks are merely attacks. Resource generation is also reliant on potions: that is not how I envision a game should be like.

Enemies working as a group would be amazing if they can add in formations and a much much smarter AI. Imagine this:
You walk into a corridor. You get surrounded both sides by a wall of soldiers forming a blockade with tower shields. Archers and mages are deployed behind those soldiers, what will you do?
You can for example have your warrior leap behind the shieldwall with a shield of his own to break formation. You can try to deploy a force-based magic spell which also breaks formation. You can try to set up a wall of fire to deter the slow advancement of the armored troops...

Shielded and armored enemies should feel as if they have heavy defenses, not just your regular dude with more health than the rest.

Another beef I have with DA1/2 is the war between a warrior and melee rogue: they play so similarly! Full archery support is nice in DA2 but still feel lacking. Trapping skills can probably be granted to the rogue toolkit.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote