Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll iDOLM@STER the anime (and spin-offs)
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-03, 07:21   Link #37
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
So now you acknowledges that we don't get many idol shows then why make it out to look like IM@S as another uninspired show in a supposedly saturated genre that only exists in your mind? Sure there's been a lot of moe shows featuring girls singing, but there isn't one that had it being the sole focus recently and that's preciously the point.

Well you don't have a point to stand on. The show was quite mediocre and was trying hard to ride the hotblood/cute girls MaiHime formula which Sunrise themselves started while waiting for MaiOtome to come into fruition, and even at that it didn't live up to the premise. Production value was bland after the high profile MaiHime, money was spend all on the hot idol seiyuu in yet another attempt to repeat the same formula that made MaiHime successful. The creativity you claim doesn't exists in Xenoglossia because they merely pasted faces from IM@S without taking anything else from the IM@S universe, onto a fairly generic Sunrise robot show which would have been decently entertaining to some mecha fans but probably would pass by completely without flair if not for the IM@S controversy. I think fans would be a little bit more accepting if they at least kept the personalities of the characters the same! There was nothing in the show that justified the using of the IM@S name except for a poor attempt at bait-hook marketing. You really have very little ground to argue here that it is the IM@S fans being quick to vilify.

No it only makes seeing you appear in these threads extremely irritating and tiresome because, as easily predicted, you would latch on to moe shows like you are on a holy crusade or something. And look who's trying to call others being arbitrary and bitter.
So wait who is the one piling hate on here? Cause I don't think it's me.

I sense some sort of longstanding grudge here that I'm not sure I'm willing to entertain for much longer. As far as I can tell I'm the one being vilified here for having a stance different from most people in saying that I'd prefer a Xenoglossia sequel to a straight up iDOLM@STER because I personally feel that a straight up iDOLM@STER will probably be boring to a person of my tastes and preferences. Maybe you should find some way to deal with this....I don't know. Like I said, you're coming across as incredibly possessive not only of the iDOLM@STER concept but as of now this thread, and that to me seems to be the source of all problems we are faced with at the moment. Do you see me arguing with anyone else in this thread or vice versa? There's no cry for help going out here so I'd suggest chilling out.

Also you ought to take the time you use chilling out to realize how this whole arguing points things work. Saying I don't have any firm ground to stand on and supporting it with what is basically your own observation on the Xenoglossia matter doesn't really cut it. I'm perfectly willing to accept your wanting to see the situation with iDOLM@STER's anime adaptation history your own way, however I'd kind of expect you to do the same in return. If that's not possible I don't think we have much left to say to each other here.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-02-03 at 07:43.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote