Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-21, 15:44   Link #2728
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yes, but ultimately your judgement is not objective. You can be wrong.

If I call something bad writing, I don't immediately go round saying it's objectively bad. What I'm saying is that I think it's bad writing.
Indeed, someone's judgement can be wrong. This whole discussion about objectivity is pointless.

Establishing some agreed upon criteria for evaluation a piece of fiction is what humans do. If you disagree with such a criteria, well nothing can be said there. However for a lot of people such a criteria is enough to point to a series as just bad.

For example, if there is a glaring plot hole, that is something people will point to as strong evidence of shoddy writing. This backs up their opinion with substance and gives a convincing reason to believe them.

You've certainly done better than most in trying to explain the better qualities of Eureka 7 Ao Haak, but still you haven't been terribly convincing in debunking many of the points people Konart laid out about the series. Simply saying you disagree and that all our assessments are subjective means little to nothing.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote