View Single Post
Old 2009-06-21, 00:27   Link #24
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Meh... granted Animesuki isn't going to require classes in communication, debate, critical analysis, or dissertation - but people, no matter how they post -- should try these ideas out for more interesting fruitful discussion:
1) Don't present subjective opinions as fact. Be very careful of asserting something "sucks" rather than saying "I didn't enjoy it because of these factors."
2) Realizing that other people's opinions may be arrived at with a different set of value metrics. What is important to them may not be important to you.
Good points, but I must mention that if someone says a show sucks, it is true at least for them. I think you should make it more specific by saying that it is the people who assert that the show is terrible for all those who watch it.

Anyhow... There is something I must mention in this thread...

It seems to me that many people see that if someone likes a show, it is simply because of their own value system. Well, that's fine, but what determines the greatness of a work of art then? What does it mean when someone calls a movie "A great American Classic?"

EDIT: I also would like to say that almost everything is an opinion. I could say that ingesting chemicles and not natural food is a good thing, but that could very well be what most consider to be poor judgement.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote