View Single Post
Old 2010-07-10, 19:38   Link #27
MamoruUsagi

Soap: I'm sorry, my message wasn't directed at you at all, your post was completely appropriate, I'm sorry, I misread a post I was just talking about jedinat's post about labeling certain series as 'crap'. There is nothing wrong with jedinat's post, his opinions are very amusing and entertaining and have a lot of truth to them, but it was just a post in general, a lot of people label series as 'crap' that authors wrote and while a lot of series do have cliches and weaknesses and annoying and repetetive plot devices and characters and dialogue, they do have a lot of positive attributes that are usually tossed aside and ignored when others label a work as 'crap'. I find contraversal opinions very entertaining and enjoyable and more interesting than the usual positive dribble given by young fans 'This series is sooo awesome!! I love it!' who don't offer insight, opinions and take everything at face value, however, instead of saying a series is crap, it's so much more powerful to say which parts of the series they find weak, then it's more powerful and taken more seriously and the opinion has more value and while fans may not agree with the overall opinion, they will agree with the points and facts stated by the person, because those are irrefutable. Saying specific things you don't like about a series is much more powerful than saying it's a bad series. Just like saying good things about a series is better than saying 'OMG this is the best series evarr!

I personally love Watase's series a lot.

You don't have to look at any of my suggestions if you don't want to, this topic is about you and serving you and your post was not at all inappropriate, my post was. I misread a different post, the post that said my suggestions were all not bad, I didn't see the not and got confused, heh. Misunderstanding, sorry. I need to stop causing trouble. *embarrassed* Sorry about this, hee. Back to topic.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-09-05 at 13:34.