Revan sama

Chapter three: a new birthday is born.

Attack.

Block.

Attack.

Dodge.

Wood sword on the floor.

A sigh.

"Lelouch, you're not focus enough...at this rate your father will scold me for being a bad teacher."

"Shut up! I'm doing the best I can..."

Like every morning, prince Lelouch Vi Britannia was taking his swordsmanship lesson with his friend Rai and as always was very bad at it.

"Beside you're not that strong. You can't beat Schneizel and Cornelia neither." retort Lelouch.

"That's true...But still, I can use a sword better than you." answer Rai with a small smile.

"What about Chess?"

"That doesn't count."

"What?!"

They would always have small arguments like these every morning after or in middle of training. After that, Rai would treat Lelouch with an ice cream. A reward for a hard worker as he would say.

However, today was somehow different. Lelouch was quiet, he didn't talk much and seemed to think a lot about something.

"...Lelouch?" asked Rai.

Also sometime he would glare at Rai and then turn away. Like he was looking at something he refused to acknowledge.

"What is it?"

"..."

Still, He refused to answer. In those moment Rai always decide to wait until he would say something.

It must be really tough to say or really important. He never saw Lelouch with such serious face.

After 15 minutes, he finally decided to spoke up.

"Today..." began Lelouch.

"Yeah?" asked Rai.

"Today is Nunnally's birthday."

"I see. And...?"

Lelouch' s glare was becoming more and more painful to bear. Still, Rai was willing to support it to listen to his friend.

"She want you to come for the party." admitted Lelouch.

"Oh? But I saw her this morning and she didn't said anything about it." said Rai.

It was true, before the lesson Rai saw nunnally along with the empress Marianne Vi Britannia and greeted them.

Nunnally greeted him too with a shy smile, however she was mostly hiding behind the empress while greeting him. Did he make her uncomfortable?

"She didn't dare to ask you in person. That's why she asked me to tell you." explained Lelouch.

"Uh? But why?" Rai was confused.

"I don't know. I asked her why but she just said it was nothing and she blushed...I never saw Nunnally being so shy or nervous about someone..."

An awkward silence has fallen upon them. Rai didn't like it. This feeling... It almost felt like death was standing beside him.

"Rai..." Lelouch's eyes were hidden by his hair.

"Y-Yeah?" Rai was more and more nervous for some reason.

"What have you done to my sister?"

"W-What?! B-but nothing!"

"Then WHY is she only like that with YOU?"

"How should I know?"

Again another awkward silence has fallen upon them.

Then Lelouch stood up and began to walk away as he said :

"Anyway, be sure to come and don't forget the gift."

When Lelouch wasn't in Rai's sigh anymore, Rai began to sigh heavily .

It wasn't that he didn't wanted to come to Nunnally's birthday party. He was quite fond of the younger girl...and...also...There was also something else.

There was something about her that made him want to be more gentle and tender. When he thought about the princess he felt warm inside but couldn't understand what it could mean.

Anyway, just talking to Lelouch could be very tiring especially when Nunnally was concerned.

But he would still go to the party and...

...Wait...What?

("Anyway, be sure to come and don't forget the gift.")

Lelouch's words were flowing inside Rai's mind.

Gift?

What gift?

Uh oh.

End of chapter three.

Author's note: What gift Rai is going to bring to Nunnally?

See that in Chapter four: An eternal gift is born.
Revan sama is offline   Reply With Quote