AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-03-18, 10:50   Link #1
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Dauntless

The thing with Capcom, to my knowledge, having no plans to bring the Monster Hunter series to computers is that someone would see that gap and step up to fill it...

Keeping in mind that it is currently in its alpha iterations, it should be worth observing to see if the devs do, in fact, nail it. For example, while they do have extensive plans for armor aesthetic customization, I do hope that character customization is also a thing. It doesn't have to be as extensive as found in many MMOs (or, for that matter, the Saints Row games); even something akin to what is presented in Torchlight 2 or the upcoming Vikings: Wolves of Midgard will fit the bill... but one thing that would hurt is seeing clones of the same four characters shown in the trailers so far everywhere (something Path of Exile, for all the interesting things it does in the ARPG space, drops the ball on).

Last edited by Firefly00; 2017-08-10 at 18:57.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 19:00   Link #2
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Advise - alpha build hands-on reports incoming

Recently, the dev team let some folks share their impressions; they're collected in this handy playlist...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-23, 04:28   Link #3
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Been watching a couple streams, but I'll wait until it's actually out for F2P. Imo, the biggest thing it is lacking is for stuff to do in between killing the bosses. It seems like it's going for a Monster Hunter style genre, but with only big monsters/bosses and nothing else. A lot of time is spent just sitting in the town, choosing a boss to fight, and then finding the actual boss, and then taking the time to kill the boss...rinse, repeat. A lot of time seems to be spent outside of fighting. There is even a lack of materials to gather for crafting. Also, there's a lack of variety in weapons (seems like there's only 4 basic 2-handed weapons). This game could easily add variety and customization if they implement other weapons. Attack and skill visuals are mediocre as well. I think the game is on the right track, but it needs more stuff to do aside from killing these big monsters. I do like the graphics style though. Unfortunately that's the only pro for me at this time lol.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-23, 09:39   Link #4
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, it IS in alpha...it should expand like this: new monsters-> new materials -> new weapons -> new areas, but it's probably going to take a while (and by that I expect it to be fully enjoyable in 2 years' time).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote