AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2019-05-26, 12:38   Link #1
Nobusora

Hazure Waku no【Joutai Ijou Skill】de Saikyou ni natta Ore ga subete wo Juurin suru mad

Original Title : ハズレ枠の【状態異常スキル】で最強になった俺がすべてを蹂躙するまで (Hazure Waku no【Joutai Ijou Skill】de Saikyou ni natta Ore ga subete wo Juurin suru made)
Author : Shinozaki Kaoru
Length : 0.5 Million Japanese Characters

Syosetsu ni Narou : n1785ek

Spoiler for Synopsys:

Spoiler for FAQ:

From the author of Seiju no Kuni no Kinju Tsukai, delivers a refreshing copy of Arifureta. Was skeptical but the protagonist keeps me entertained enough to put this in my Makimaru top list. The pace is a little bit slow but it is updated weekly. The light novel version is published by Overlap Bunko.
Nobusora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-26, 14:05   Link #2
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I only clicked because I mistook this for something else but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobusora View Post
copy of Arifureta.
This is an excellent reason not to read this.

Does this series at least have a better protagonist than Arifureta, or better character interactions, or a better plot?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-26, 14:06   Link #3
AnimeFangirl

Wow, the description is so generic I want to cry...
Old 2019-05-26, 14:07   Link #4
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Wow, the description is so generic I want to cry...
Yup, not even something a little interesting to it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-26, 14:56   Link #5
sasuke706

While I read this and want to see where it goes, it does have its glaring flaws.
I mentioned it in the Hiroshima Out Survive thread but the writing actually comes off as pretentious, as in overly drawn out sentences with excessive space between lines. This can even be annoying at times.
The characters are also either pretentious edge lords with 2high4u IQs, angry morons with no redemption, or potential heroines. Pretty limited character types.

I'd say it's better than Arifureta by a mile but that boils down to personal preference anyway.
This series stresses mental battles more than physical battles. Well, "mental" battles, anyway. Pretty much having a mental chess game with the opponent in order to make an opening.
The plot is also more coherent and isn't entirely made up as he writes from what I can tell.

It's harem but the harem part really has yet to come in. The elf girl on the cover is clearly the main heroine and they get along very well, but the most they've done is sleep in the same bed. Except the protagonist like never sleeps since they meet.
There's other potential heroines but they haven't quite gotten past 'potential' yet.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-26, 17:18   Link #6
wuhugm
Confused Shark

So what's the skill actually does?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-26, 18:02   Link #7
sasuke706

It does several things and upgrades slowly, sometimes unlocking new status.

The initial ones are Paralyze, Sleep, and Poison.
There are more later, like Dark (Blind), Berserk, Freeze, Slow.
There's some limitations and quirks with all of them, like Freeze only being to be used on 3 targets at a time.

His ability's activation requirement is to say the whole word, so you'll see a lot of dramatization with that.
Like racing to spit out every syllable of "Paralyze" over the span of like half a chapter.

The protagonist originally gets scrapped by the Goddess at the start because of being an "E" rank hero and debuffs being well known garbage effects that aren't worth the effort.
His debuffs are super effective compared to these apparently, but we have yet to actually see any other debuffs save for his.
And to explain hero ranks, it's basically how many stats they gain per level. The protagonist gains very little stats per level, but he also seems to level much easier and is much better at killing monsters to level up compared to even S rank heroes.
Old 2019-05-26, 20:09   Link #8
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Revenge is my fave genre, but similar to arifuta....? wtf with awaken the past ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
It does several things and upgrades slowly, sometimes unlocking new status.

The initial ones are Paralyze, Sleep, and Poison.
There are more later, like Dark (Blind), Berserk, Freeze, Slow.
There's some limitations and quirks with all of them, like Freeze only being to be used on 3 targets at a time.
Did his ability including self defense system to those such as null paralyze, null sleep, null poison, etc?

Or it is just an ailments magic that fired to the enemy ?

Quote:

His ability's activation requirement is to say the whole word, so you'll see a lot of dramatization with that.
Like racing to spit out every syllable of "Paralyze" over the span of like half a chapter.

The protagonist originally gets scrapped by the Goddess at the start because of being an "E" rank hero and debuffs being well known garbage effects that aren't worth the effort.
His debuffs are super effective compared to these apparently, but we have yet to actually see any other debuffs save for his.
And to explain hero ranks, it's basically how many stats they gain per level. The protagonist gains very little stats per level, but he also seems to level much easier and is much better at killing monsters to level up compared to even S rank heroes.
Bolded,
I'll say that is ailments as of bad status, not debuff (lower stat). Just my game language opinion.

Unlike a certain young genius grand wizard that become an adventurer that love spamming sleep magic, the goddess doesn't know the usefullness of ailments.

Using sleep you can make an enemy or whole tribe of monster to sleep and simply massacare them slowly. (by a certain boy)

Using poison you can lure the enemy to the terrain and let them die by theirself. (by a certain girl in dungeon)

Not to mention it said the ability is growing,
just wait until this mc learn charm and make a harem army like a certain hero with bug goddess.
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-26, 21:19   Link #9
Nobusora

Touka parents were scum that goes dv to him, which drives Touka to want to kill his parents, but one day they vanished and leave him to uncle and aunt. These person are kind and loving Touka who owes for their kindness, suppress his violent emotion by acting good, as to be careful not to let his foster parents get noticed. This went until he forgot the old violent emotion.

The ailments normally has low probability and low effective time. He first used his skill on the goddess as last attempt but ineffective as she has blessing to nullify ailments. On the Disposal Ruin he found his skill actually has 100% success chance and works long enough for several minutes.
Old 2019-05-26, 22:11   Link #10
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka' View Post
Did his ability including self defense system to those such as null paralyze, null sleep, null poison, etc?

Bolded,
I'll say that is ailments as of bad status, not debuff (lower stat). Just my game language opinion.

Using sleep you can make an enemy or whole tribe of monster to sleep and simply massacare them slowly. (by a certain boy)

Using poison you can lure the enemy to the terrain and let them die by theirself. (by a certain girl in dungeon)

Not to mention it said the ability is growing,
just wait until this mc learn charm and make a harem army like a certain hero with bug goddess.
He can't nullify his own skill, no. Once it gets cast the opponent either needs to deal with it or wait until the duration is over.
Or if you meant does it give him resistance to enemy debuffs, then we don't know; no one bothers using them because they're trash.

Debuff is the shorthand term for "negative status ailment," and is about as a broad referral a term can be. You have to keep in mind that HP and MP are also stats.
For example, a DoT (damage over time) is a debuff, as well as reducing damage done by like 20%.
To turn this around, being healed over time (HoT) and a damage increase by 20% are both buffs.
In MMOs using shorthand is very common, so there are broad, vague terms so that the message can be typed faster as they may not have the time they'd like in order to type a message.
To go further in depth, a status ailment would just be a 'stat debuff.' Because no one's going to type ailment. A DoT would also be a damage debuff, which could get confusing as it overlaps with debuffs that lower damage.

The MC's favorite combo is stacking Paralyze and Poison. It's not like they're limited to one to effect.
Otherwise Paralyze and Berserk is also pretty nasty because that also makes you essentially tear yourself apart.
But yeah his main move if Paralyze by a landslide.

Charm would be interesting if the MC had a sex drive.
At best he keeps comparing the elf heroine to his aunt which is somehow supposed to be a compliment. Not very romantic.
His ability grows very slowly, by the way.

To add another random thing, I don't really understand how the stats work in this series.
The MC has stupidly high stats due his stupidly high level, and heroes are supposed to be stronger than natives due to natives not having this status system to aid them.
Yet every human enemy he fights he always ends up being the underdog because they can somehow get to him before he can say "paralyze" and his stats never seem to come into play for these fights.
But then later he accidentally hugs the elf a little to hard showing his high stats... It just isn't conveyed very well how helpful the stats are since they never get used in fights.
Old 2019-05-26, 22:32   Link #11
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
He can't nullify his own skill, no. Once it gets cast the opponent either needs to deal with it or wait until the duration is over.
Or if you meant does it give him resistance to enemy debuffs, then we don't know; no one bothers using them because they're trash.
The latter, i meant if he can resist those ailments.

Sigh, again with these kind of shallow thought japanese author given to their enemy character are.
No one bother using them means there are no poison user such as asassin or zombie dragon in that world? No poisoned plants, monster or food? Healer just do a hp healing and other buff and doesn't have cure or antidote skill?

Quote:
Debuff is the shorthand term for "negative status ailment," and is about as a broad referral a term can be. You have to keep in mind that HP and MP are also stats.
For example, a DoT (damage over time) is a debuff, as well as reducing damage done by like 20%.
To turn this around, being healed over time (HoT) and a damage increase by 20% are both buffs.
In MMOs using shorthand is very common, so there are broad, vague terms so that the message can be typed faster as they may not have the time they'd like in order to type a message.
To go further in depth, a status ailment would just be a 'stat debuff.' Because no one's going to type ailment. A DoT would also be a damage debuff, which could get confusing as it overlaps with debuffs that lower damage.
I never heard dot or hot. Although hot maybe the same as hp regen.

I'm not playing mmo, only jrpg. And most of them uses word ailments for bad status, especially persona 4/5.
And the term debuff and buff i know is in coordinate with lower or raised status in number, dot isn't included.
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-26, 23:00   Link #12
sasuke706

There are people who use it, just no one notable. The debuff stuff is a very specific magic in this world (in contrast the protag's is a skill/ability and magic is not skill) and the duration, range, and effect are also apparently very lackluster. Even the heroine agrees that they're pretty trash, especially when seeing the protagonist's abilities.

That said the protagonist poisons some famous guy to death and a terrorist group claims it was their doing. So there are people who use the stuff to an extent.
We just never see them do anything on screen.
Old 2019-05-26, 23:46   Link #13
Garn

As far as I remember ...

In that world the probability that a debuff will take effect is rare and also depending on the objective the result may not be satisfactory, but the power of the MC is absolute and despite the limitations the effects are unavoidable, it's even doubtful if it doesn't really work against the goddess (I haven't read the last chapters that may clarify it).

Apart from the mercenaries, the enemies of the MC have always been the most powerful humans and even the monsters that the world fears, obviously omitting the enemies of that world (demons?) that still don't appear.

The MC doesn't trust his status, as an example that despite overcoming the humanly possible in front of true enemies could not put resistance just because he is not a sword master or have hand-to-hand combat experience, even so, close to the last chapters thanks to his status that in general gives him more resilience could face a tide of monsters for hours.

What I like about this novel is that the MC is powerful because doesn't let anyone discover his power while attacking, it depends more on how the MC uses his power than on the power itself.

The bad thing is that even though the MC is not hetare/donkan he wants to return to his world so he does not want to dig deeper into the main heroine.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 07:06   Link #14
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
To add another random thing, I don't really understand how the stats work in this series.
The MC has stupidly high stats due his stupidly high level, and heroes are supposed to be stronger than natives due to natives not having this status system to aid them.
Yet every human enemy he fights he always ends up being the underdog because they can somehow get to him before he can say "paralyze" and his stats never seem to come into play for these fights.
But then later he accidentally hugs the elf a little to hard showing his high stats... It just isn't conveyed very well how helpful the stats are since they never get used in fights.
Sounds like crap writing to me. It's like that manga with the farming hero with stats so high he one-shotted a dragon with a carrot. And then ever since then he's been struggling with battles even against minor mobs. It's ridiculous.
Old 2019-05-27, 07:44   Link #15
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Haha, I also read that manga, somehow all farming skills combined and then his stats shot up to like millions
Stats is stupid
Even in Berserk of Gluttony, it's just stupid
It's not a game brah, stop with stats
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 11:22   Link #16
Nobusora

I wouldn't say Touka has stupidly high stats, compared to his classmates by growth rate, his stats is still mediocre and it's not like he has received any sudden buff from giant killing. I do agree that he does not yet check how much he is capable granted by his stats, probably, first, because he is occupied by the limited time he thought he have after the escape from the disposal ruins, secondly there is no way to know the natives stats, as he is not the type to take chances.

During the fight against the dragon knights, the situation are unfavorable to him, mainly being outnumbered, unknown status and skill of his enemies, especially the leader, that's keen enough to take distance, furthermore there is no guarantee that he can inflict them all in one instance.

The statement that braves are supposed to be stronger than natives are also suspicious. If indeed the statement is somehow just an excuse to get the interest of the summoned, then why is there any need to summon them? Some reasons are:
- to politically enhance the status of the goddess
- it does not hurt to have easily controlled pawns that can be used in many ways
- Jaouso, mainly the negative aura might also come in play, as this aura weakens foes, but we still haven't see if this also affect the braves or not.

Well, if the author give chances to explain more in detail about the these stats...

Also the part where Touka hugs the elf hard does not show about his high stats, at least for me.
Old 2019-05-27, 14:39   Link #17
Garn

Seriously, this is not a novel where the MC can do anything, if you put in class terms the MC would be support, he doesn't have combat skills or magic only debuff. His status is high but it's nothing in comparison to the other heroes apart from that he has no experience fighting or using any weapon.
The MC has always fought against the most powerful enemies but it is mostly the MC who overwhelms the enemies except the most powerful among them that even the heroes could not defeat.

Spoiler for Comparative:
The only special thing about the heroes is their fast growth and the special skills, apart from that, the world is full of superhumans and even the true enemies still don't appear (if they are).
Old 2019-05-27, 17:28   Link #18
sasuke706

You have to take more than just stat increase rate and base stats into consideration.

Spoiler for :
Old 2019-05-27, 18:29   Link #19
Garn

True, I just wanted to imply that the base and the potential of the MC is the worst among the main heroes, but it's thanks to his absolute power that he holds in the limited area (as long as he has mana and doesn't meet the limitations), anyone who know his power already gets an advantage.

Somewhere I think the MC says that just because he has high status doesn't mean that he uses all the potential (for never training), like when he can't keep up with the attacks that the elf does in her training at the same time he would not react so fast just to be able to see it (like throwing a ball in the face).

I believe that not even 1 month has passed since he arrived in that world, while the other heroes have trained, the MC continues to travel to quickly obtain the power to kill the goddess before the she discover that he is still alive, it's even revealed that he has hardly slept at least since he started traveling with the elf

Finally, the main enemies of the MC have been those who are considered the pillars of power in that world, be human or monsters, the guardian of the door (laser beams, long distance and instant attack), the dragon knights head + all the group (the pinnacle of human power (?)) and the "human face"monster (?, the only one in detail has tentacles with which can slaughters in seconds).
Old 2019-05-27, 18:55   Link #20
sasuke706

Yeah I don't get his sleep thing. If I recall he slept for maybe a few minutes at one point but mostly does all-nighters.
I assume his stats are what keep him awake because that's like probably lethal levels of insomnia. The human record of staying awake is like 11 days or something.

Also, I did more math regarding stats for the hero girl.
Spoiler for Hero girl growth rate from Lv. 115 to 148:

Tags
class isekai summoning, status effects