AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-08-13, 03:10   Link #1
Narberal
King of the Night

Close Combat Mage

Original Title: Jin Zhan Fa Shi (近戰法師/近战法师)
Alternative Title: Close Combat Mage
Author: Yun Tian Kong (雲天空/云天空)

Synopsis:

As a mage, it’s very embarrassing to be in the water-type. Although it’s a battle profession, the attack is very weak. Most people use it as a support profession.

But, the appearance of Suo Jia (索加) changed that convention. A water-type mage can also be incomparably strong!

Translation:Close Combat Mage
Raws: http://www.kanunu8.com/files/yuanchu...1103/1792.html

OPNESS:
Spoiler:

Harem:
Spoiler:
Narberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 05:31   Link #2
NovelReader

Heard bad things about the author and complaints about the story according to reddit.
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 06:21   Link #3
xzpwnz
(¬‿¬)

Dropped this one
Plot moves way too slowly
xzpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 09:07   Link #4
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

finished real translation just now, and yeah . . .
much too slow on the progress. mainly on making money, and the girls(fire-wind one).

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 10:35   Link #5
Rainne

i actually enjoyed this one, i like the MC doing the beauty thing .
but it all goes downhill when the action really starts, it turns into One Piece.
Rainne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 10:38   Link #6
cabman11

I'm happy that mages these days aren't squishy anymore and now beat up their opponents as much as a warrior
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 11:14   Link #7
LevelSeven

isnt this a reincarantion story?

because it is always something like that, the reincarnated guy uses his otherworldly knowledge and brings change to the good-old-fantasy-worl :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 11:59   Link #8
bludvein

No offense to the translator, but this novel really sucks. The plot runs on asspulls and everyone else but Suo Jia being a retard to pull off his "genius." Also, his character is all over the place. One second he will be a whiny brat, the next a philosophical poor kid, and the next a douchebag merchant. There's no consistency to be found in his character, leaving the whole thing feeling random as hell.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 16:22   Link #9
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
LoL, I was already reluctant to read this because the MC is a Water Mage. And I find the water element the most boring of all. It's okay as a side element, but being the main is a no-no. Sorry, don't really know where this hate comes from.

Anyway, after all the 'good' feedback here, I think I'll put this on indefinite hold.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 21:31   Link #10
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
isnt this a reincarantion story?
No, but it sometimes feels like it.
The MC is an 8 year-old, but the author seems to forget that, and alternates between a grown adult's mind-set and a child. He even makes other characters forget he's a child.

I dropped this around chapter 40-50, because it didn't suit me, but there was a chapter where a maid genuinely thought that this 8 year old boy wanted her body.

I didn't mind a lot of what was going on. I would not even mind if it was him growing up and going to school surrounded by girls.

And then it got political, and it became about cosmetics and liposuction. And all this other shit.

Maybe in 500 chapters, I'll see if it's gotten any better. Probably not, but who knows?
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 21:38   Link #11
Yoburi

Can anyone spoil what happends and just how many woman he puts on his harem because so far 99% of the females that show up are all part besides the fact there were only 8 males that show up in like 80 chapters.

I curious about what happend to his father and what he is going to do in the future because i don`t even see any reason for him to go out a live as a warrior just keep doing liposuction and he will be fine.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 01:10   Link #12
Daxfull123

Did any body even kept reading close combat mage it get interesting after the 80s and the fight starts at 95-107 and the mc team completly wins it with our mc at last Match showing how badass he is against those that piss him off
Daxfull123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 03:47   Link #13
Narberal
King of the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxfull123 View Post
Did any body even kept reading close combat mage it get interesting after the 80s and the fight starts at 95-107 and the mc team completly wins it with our mc at last Match showing how badass he is against those that piss him off
yea the blood dragon and ice dragon was cool and also waiting for the thief auction event
Old 2015-08-14, 08:18   Link #14
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

still dunno what happen with his pet, the baby ice dragon

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 09:03   Link #15
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
still dunno what happen with his pet, the baby ice dragon
yeah, i expected that it would need time but he doesnt get any mention despite the fact that im at chapter ~60
at some point he should change into a middle-ranked-beast :/

@rageth

Quote:
No, but it sometimes feels like it.
The MC is an 8 year-old, but the author seems to forget that, and alternates between a grown adult's mind-set and a child. He even makes other characters forget he's a child.
i also thought this, and im still thinking this, actually, MAG and CCM do have similar story-tellings, exspecially since the authors seem to have forgotten that their MCs in the storys are real 15 and 8 year old kids

the current chapters are also getting boring, the explanation with the spells had been confusing as hell, i mean, i thought that his water control gives him a hugh advantage in water magic and he therefore becomes far more awesome that anybody else (exspecially with blood control/creation)...

right now, the store which he opened seems to running quite good, but i understand the complaints of others, the pacing is really to slow, i know that the MC needs tie to get money and status and power...but didnt he want to f*ck up his daddy?

right now it seems like he doesnt care about it at all, exspecially this "friendship"-thingy with emma (or whatever) is really boring :/

at least i hope that he will power up at most in ch.200, and than go away to find his dad...of course with a fire-wind-warrior (since his mother (and others)would worry about him)
Old 2015-08-14, 09:16   Link #16
Narberal
King of the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
yeah, i expected that it would need time but he doesnt get any mention despite the fact that im at chapter ~60
at some point he should change into a middle-ranked-beast :/

@rageth

i also thought this, and im still thinking this, actually, MAG and CCM do have similar story-tellings, exspecially since the authors seem to have forgotten that their MCs in the storys are real 15 and 8 year old kids

the current chapters are also getting boring, the explanation with the spells had been confusing as hell, i mean, i thought that his water control gives him a hugh advantage in water magic and he therefore becomes far more awesome that anybody else (exspecially with blood control/creation)...

right now, the store which he opened seems to running quite good, but i understand the complaints of others, the pacing is really to slow, i know that the MC needs tie to get money and status and power...but didnt he want to f*ck up his daddy?

right now it seems like he doesnt care about it at all, exspecially this "friendship"-thingy with emma (or whatever) is really boring :/

at least i hope that he will power up at most in ch.200, and than go away to find his dad...of course with a fire-wind-warrior (since his mother (and others)would worry about him)
he will powerup more in the next few chaps and you will see him being "friends" with Emma will actually give him benefits ... and also even if he wants to find his daddy it's still waaaaaay early for him to do it since he is still an 8 year old kid.... still waiting for a 5+ year timeskip
Old 2015-08-14, 11:04   Link #17
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narberal View Post
he will powerup more in the next few chaps and you will see him being "friends" with Emma will actually give him benefits
yeah, i thought this :/ still, the story got way to much focus on this :/
Quote:
.. and also even if he wants to find his daddy it's still waaaaaay early for him to do it since he is still an 8 year old kid....
still? with the time that went by since the story began i would think that he is already 9, is he still 8 with ch.100+?
Quote:
still waiting for a 5+ year timeskip
if my theory is correct and he is the chinese-detective conan, than even after 10 years he will still be 8
Old 2015-08-14, 11:56   Link #18
fallencrow04

actually i questioned why it was titled as Close Combat..
i was hoping him to do some MAGIC + Punch/ kick but it seem it was refered to his 'absolute control zone'

and i dont had strength to marathon this with MT, but can someone confirmed for me, is MC gay?
-his class mate are all girl
-has charming sworn sisters[loli/bombshell]
-more onee-san[name them with number]
i know he 8 soon to be yrs 9 , but still want to ask since he is too mature for a brat
fallencrow04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 12:33   Link #19
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallencrow04 View Post
mostlikely because of his 1 meter absolute control zone :/
but even thi zone will increase with training and legendary/epic(seriously? epic?)-lvl magical items :/

Quote:
i was hoping him to do some MAGIC + Punch/ kick but it seem it was refered to his 'absolute control zone'
yeah, i also wondered, at most i thought it was more of a fantasy-like way to approach water bending, like: enhancing punches with "hardened" waterballs around the fist, or blood bending on himself for inhuman strength/speed/agility/etc...

Quote:
and i dont had strength to marathon this with MT, but can someone confirmed for me, is MC gay?
even if it seems like that, i dont think that this is the case, the MC simply hasnt developed his "sexual interest", his mind is supposedly that of a 8 years old brat, how many kids do you know which have a active interest in the other gender at that age? (if they are raised "innocently" without the influence of todays media)

Quote:
i know he 8 soon to be yrs 9 , but still want to ask since he is too mature for a brat
the author seems to have no consistency in his MC, at least it is somehow strange that the boy can think of political-affairs but cries after hearing a sad story, or whee he gets punched and simply questions "what did i do to you?" -_-

i think if the author went with the reincarnation route he would have easily avoid this stuff, he could make his MC smart and mature at a young age AND he could make his MC in a believable way have a established look on friendship, i mean, the scene where emma asks him how she can make friends *sigh*

but i wont stop, this and MGA are the few storys which i will follow despite my usual desinterest in non-reincarnation/transportation storys (maybe because MGA and CCMs MC's are really similar to reincarnated MCs :/)
Old 2015-08-14, 12:34   Link #20
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallencrow04 View Post

I want 8 years old child to be aroused? Also this novel sucks, dropped it because was bored to death.
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote