AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-01-20, 10:37   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 813 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

First spoiler pic is out, so.... bam! Thread. Credit goes to AP's Sandman for translating the summary:

-Chapter title is "Tea party invitation". Splash page features Crocus and Laboon.

-Nami and Chopper are clearly shocked by the news of the wedding invitation, and we get a close-up of the greeting card, confirming Capone's words. Sanji himself is shocked to the point that his cigarette drops from his mouth. Furthermore, during the talk, Capone makes it clear that they're his prisoners now since Big Mom summoned them to the wedding. Interestingly, one of Capone's men, Vito, whispers something to Sanji that ultimately makes him decide to meet up with this fated woman. Shortly afterwards, he manages to pull Nami, Chopper, and Brooke out of Capone's castle, then points a gun at Caesar!

-The mafioso pirate is briefly confused, but prepares to capture the group again. However, before he can make his move, he encounters Master Nekomamushi! The night leader is naturally enraged that Pekoms was shot, and seeks revenge. Overwhelmed by the new opponent, Capone has no choice but to make a retreat. However, it seems Sanji remained inside the castle-man....

-After everything is said and done, Brooke reads the letter Sanji left behind. It says: "I'm going to meet a woman. I'll be sure to come back". However, Brooke is worried that Sanji may not have any intention of returning to the crew....

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-01-21 at 18:10.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 01:41   Link #2
marvelB

Okay, updated the summary! Seems like there's no info on the Vinsmoke family yet, but at least Sanji made his intentions clear.... sort of.
Old 2016-01-21, 08:38   Link #3
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

nooo.. Sanji

I always hope Strawhat to get a new member... but I never expect them to lose a member
I hope his fiancee would be another okama
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 09:41   Link #4
LevelSeven

oda is some incredible badass, was this whole stuff really foreshadowed?
WOW!!!!!!

and sanji is making a robin2.0 XD lets see how the strawhats will crash this little "tea party" XD
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 09:47   Link #5
itachi-san314

I really like Capone's castle power. And this new gangster Vito kinda reminds me of Alucard which is also awesome. The more I think about Big Mom's name, the more I think it was always a reference to a mob boss like a female Godfather.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 09:54   Link #6
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

i have odd hope for Caesar will join SH as scientist his odd interaction with other SH Crews really Gold.
Luffy had forgiven Robin and Franky, so why not to Caesar?
@LevelSeven:
Sanji is our Princess Damsel in Distress
I wonder what is Pekom fate now? she supposedly to be like Big mom Best mobs
The way how she easiliy disposed by her rookie was Silly
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 17:45   Link #7
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
nooo.. Sanji

I always hope Strawhat to get a new member... but I never expect them to lose a member
I hope his fiancee would be another okama
Perhaps this fiancé would be ugly like cheek-squeak from Yo-Kai Watch. Just an estimate.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 17:51   Link #8
noktown

Would be funny if it's Lola.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 17:58   Link #9
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
oda is some incredible badass, was this whole stuff really foreshadowed?
WOW!!!!!!

and sanji is making a robin2.0 XD lets see how the strawhats will crash this little "tea party" XD
Sanji should know better than to expect noble sacrifices to go through in this crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
i have odd hope for Caesar will join SH as scientist his odd interaction with other SH Crews really Gold.
@LevelSeven:
Sanji is our Princess Damsel in Distress
I wonder what is Pekom fate now? she supposedly to be like Big mom Best mobs
The way how she easiliy disposed by her rookie was Silly
Robin had a fairly decent excuse for his actions, and never really moved past the moral event horizon (on screen), and actually helped Luffy while still technically working for Crocodile.
Franky's crimes were pretty minor, and he was basically just a pirate captain without a ship.

Ceasar, while not impossible, would be pretty hard act to sell to the crew after his actions towards his "people".
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 18:39   Link #10
marvelB

A bit late admittedly, but I updated the summary a little further. Glad to see my prediction about Vito being Capone's right hand (or at least one of his more prominent men) ringed true, after all. And while we still don't have a clear idea about what's up with the Vinsmoke family, it definitely seems implied that they're quite a big deal (especially since it looks like they may be the ones to have Sanji captured alive).

As far as Capone's ability goes, the more I see it, the more I love it, naturally. The way he can morph parts of his castle into weapons reminds me a bit of Baby-5's ability, actually. Anyway, I think it would be especially awesome if Capone can make his castle into a labyrinth to trap enemies in (yeah, I pretty much have Castlevania on my mind here, lol).

Also, looking at him this chapter, Nekomamushi kinda resembles a cat version of Jinbei, heh.

Quote:

Franky was a petty thug, and while Robin's circumstances were admittedly much more complicated, she wasn't really evil at heart (she even offered help to Luffy and co. as far back as her first appearance at Whiskey Peak, after all).

Meanwhile, CC is an evil, mad, kid-drugging scientist whose main interest lies in creating weapons of mass destruction (and is highly valued by the criminal underworld, at that). Plus, if we consider how Luffy felt about him at PH, I don't see much chance of the gas man joining. Besides, he would be kinda redundant anyway since there's already a doctor (Chopper) and two weapon makers (Usopp, Franky) in the crew. Though I guess keeping him as the crew's hostage could sort of work as a way for him to stick around....
Old 2016-01-21, 19:55   Link #11
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Robin had a fairly decent excuse for his actions, and never really moved past the moral event horizon (on screen), and actually helped Luffy while still technically working for Crocodile.
Franky's crimes were pretty minor, and he was basically just a pirate captain without a ship.

Ceasar, while not impossible, would be pretty hard act to sell to the crew after his actions towards his "people".
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Franky was a petty thug, and while Robin's circumstances were admittedly much more complicated, she wasn't really evil at heart (she even offered help to Luffy and co. as far back as her first appearance at Whiskey Peak, after all).

Meanwhile, CC is an evil, mad, kid-drugging scientist whose main interest lies in creating weapons of mass destruction (and is highly valued by the criminal underworld, at that). Plus, if we consider how Luffy felt about him at PH, I don't see much chance of the gas man joining. Besides, he would be kinda redundant anyway since there's already a doctor (Chopper) and two weapon makers (Usopp, Franky) in the crew. Though I guess keeping him as the crew's hostage could sort of work as a way for him to stick around....
Well, We are still hardly know the reason behind CC evil
there is always a path for Caesar to repent.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 20:26   Link #12
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Yeah, and I'd like birdie girl to come back too. But so far that doesn't look to be happening. As well as Rebecca. Screw the haters. lol :P

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 22:21   Link #13
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Perhaps this fiancé would be ugly like cheek-squeak from Yo-Kai Watch. Just an estimate.
Thinking about it, i would rather she be cute or attractive. First, Sanji being forced to marry someone comically ugly is just too obvious a joke. Second, If Sanji likes the girl it could set up a sorta "will he won't he" thing. If he loves her, then you get that "he really wants too, but knows he shouldn't" vibe. Will he won't leave the crew, but will he try to make it work by taking her with him. Would she go along with it or resist? Or maybe we go reverse romeo and Juliet; families want them together, but they both don't want it. Granted, Oda doesn't do romance so its likely destined to fail, but I just think there's more that can be done if we are atleast given the sense that this could work out someway
Old 2016-01-21, 23:31   Link #14
Gilly

I guess this is where Lola's mom's Vivre Card comes into play. They'll use it to get to the Whole Cake island.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 23:50   Link #15
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Thinking about it, i would rather she be cute or attractive. First, Sanji being forced to marry someone comically ugly is just too obvious a joke. Second, If Sanji likes the girl it could set up a sorta "will he won't he" thing. If he loves her, then you get that "he really wants too, but knows he shouldn't" vibe. Will he won't leave the crew, but will he try to make it work by taking her with him. Would she go along with it or resist? Or maybe we go reverse romeo and Juliet; families want them together, but they both don't want it. Granted, Oda doesn't do romance so its likely destined to fail, but I just think there's more that can be done if we are atleast given the sense that this could work out someway
I also think ugly is too cliché and predictable. I think his fiancé will be attractive and evil so Sanji will have to choose looks vs morality, but are we just supposed to forget about Viola? That literally just happened last arc. I don't think it would make much sense for Sanji to seriously fall for anyone so soon or possibly again for that matter. Maybe I'm overestimating Sanji and Viola, but it felt like a real relationship starting there. Perhaps it will even be Viola who comes to save Sanji from the marriage like in the Graduate
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-22, 00:10   Link #16
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
I guess this is where Lola's mom's Vivre Card comes into play. They'll use it to get to the Whole Cake island.
Yep. Oda's amount of careful setup and thoughtful planning always amazes me. His writing skills are leagues above your average shonen manga author.
Old 2016-01-22, 00:18   Link #17
AdventSleeper

Wow this is great stuff. Always good to see some major development in one of the strawhat characters. I was worried that the story would become too large in scale and forget about the individual characters.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-22, 00:19   Link #18
marvelB

Rather than too attractive or too ugly, I think it would be more interesting if (on the chance that she's not the three-eyed girl,) Oda took the middle road and revealed that Sanji's fiance was just.... plain. Average. Mediocre, if you will. I dunno, I just kinda find the idea of Sanji being forced to marry someone who doesn't really stand out appearance-wise..... interesting, I guess. At least, I think that would be a more unique direction to take rather than choosing from one extreme (ugly old hag/okama) or the other (Nami Clone No. 999 ). Like, remember the mermaid queen Otohime or Sr. Pink's wife Lucien from his flashback last arc? Basically, I'm thinking of a girl who looks closer to those two (OK, so maybe Lucien is sort of a Nami clone too, but at least she's a more "plain"-looking one).
Old 2016-01-22, 02:06   Link #19
J4n1

Quote:
Reason to perform human experiments on kidnapped children?
I'd like to hear one that justifies that.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-22, 02:35   Link #20
Clipens

Oda is skipping a narrative arc:

East Blue saga --> Fishman Island saga
First part of Paradise (Wapol)--> Punk Hazard
Alabasta saga --> Dressrosa
Eneru saga --> Flashback chapters
CP9 arc (rescue of Robin & Franky) --> Tea party arc (rescue of Sanji & Caesar)
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote