Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-09-20, 03:23   Link #1
Azuma Yamato
Azuma Yamato dattebayo!

Send a message via MSN to Azuma Yamato
Question Trouble playing Touka Gettan episodes

Hi I wanted to ask 2 questions. Y'all see.. I'm downloading the Touka Gettan torrents and I just finished downloading episode 1 and I was trying to play it and I played it on winamp and it played it but the video was like upside down anyone knows why is this happening? I then tried playin it using windows media player and it played it right so I dont know what happened there. My winamp program is working fine, I've never had this happen before. Anyway, the other question is.. I tried to open the episode on virtualdub but it gave me this message

''couldn't locate decompressor for format 'H264' (unknown). Virtualdub requires a video for windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by windows media player, are not suitable.''

I guess I need to download a codec in order to open this episode with virtualdub but anyone knows where I can get that codec and whats the codec I need? I really dont know much about this things so I hope y'all can help me out.
Old 2007-09-20, 03:38   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

What version of Winamp are you using? I think that the flipped video issue was something that afflicted older versions and was later correct... that, or the flipped video occurs with certain video cards, I can't remember. Either way, I had it as well. Look in the preferences under the video option, I believe there should be an option about correcting it, although I don't remember exactly what it was called. If I'm misremembering about the option, then updating your graphics card drivers may also help.

For your codec question, you're dealing with an H.264-coded video. A post on another forum gives the following instructions to get it working:

Quote:
install ffdshow, open ffdshow's VFW codec configuration, change to the decoder tab and set H.264 to libavcodec. Then try and open the file directly in virtualdub again. It's probably a good idea not to make any cuts, editing h.264 streams with vdub is a bit problematic.
Note that if you have CCCP installed, there is no need to install FFDShow - CCCP is a customized version of FFDShow, so just follow the rest of the instructions there.

If you want to encode to H.264, install the x.264 codec to your system. Note that x.264 can't be used for H.264 playback.
Old 2007-09-20, 09:46   Link #3
martino
makes no files now

Oh my... SRN's "fail-safe" h264 in AVI comes in again. n_n

1) Please do not use Winamp (for God's sake; it's an audio player primarily - ie it would be like using MPC as your main audio player). :V
2) What Ledgem quoted should be fine for opening it in VirtualDub, but; why the hell would you want to use that program for playing back video? (It's used for capturing, encoding and other video tasks that you most likely won't need; d'oh.)
3) Get CCCP and profit! ^^
Old 2007-09-20, 21:55   Link #4
Nicholi
King of Hosers

If you must use Winamp using this method with CCCP should work.

Otherwise....yes please stop using Winamp for videos.
Old 2007-09-21, 00:45   Link #5
Azuma Yamato
Azuma Yamato dattebayo!

Send a message via MSN to Azuma Yamato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
What version of Winamp are you using? I think that the flipped video issue was something that afflicted older versions and was later correct... that, or the flipped video occurs with certain video cards, I can't remember. Either way, I had it as well. Look in the preferences under the video option, I believe there should be an option about correcting it, although I don't remember exactly what it was called. If I'm misremembering about the option, then updating your graphics card drivers may also help.

For your codec question, you're dealing with an H.264-coded video. A post on another forum gives the following instructions to get it working:

Note that if you have CCCP installed, there is no need to install FFDShow - CCCP is a customized version of FFDShow, so just follow the rest of the instructions there.

If you want to encode to H.264, install the x.264 codec to your system. Note that x.264 can't be used for H.264 playback.
Thanx alot for the help Ledgem! I installed CCCP and everythings fixed up now, even the winamp problem I was having ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Oh my... SRN's "fail-safe" h264 in AVI comes in again. n_n

1) Please do not use Winamp (for God's sake; it's an audio player primarily - ie it would be like using MPC as your main audio player). :V
2) What Ledgem quoted should be fine for opening it in VirtualDub, but; why the hell would you want to use that program for playing back video? (It's used for capturing, encoding and other video tasks that you most likely won't need; d'oh.)
3) Get CCCP and profit! ^^
lol I just installed CCCP, im gonna try it, I never heard about this program until I got here ^^;

About the VirtualDub thing.. its not that im planning to watch the episodes there, I just wanted to be able to open it there cause I wanted to make me a few avatars ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholi View Post
If you must use Winamp using this method with CCCP should work.

Otherwise....yes please stop using Winamp for videos.
Fortunately, my problem with winamp is solved. Thanx y'all for all the help! Now I have CCCP on my computer too so I'll use that one instead of winamp to watch videos
Old 2007-09-21, 04:45   Link #6
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Hmm if Winamp magically works by default now, I should consider updating the page. Mebbe later :P.