AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you feel sorry for Orihime?
Yes 93 28.88%
A little 36 11.18%
Hell no 121 37.58%
Meh other characters have suffered more. 65 20.19%
Other 7 2.17%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-06-25, 21:55   Link #61
yahoosoda
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Well so far, her friends have proved to be 'weak' against the Espada.Three of them should've died already. Once again, I think people look at Orihime's judge decision from a reader's point of view, where we know that things will just someway, somehow work out for the heroes in the end. Inoue doesn't have this knowledge to provide peace of mind. She can have faith. She can be optimistic. But everyone has to draw the line at some point and realize limitations. Even people who have faith in God don't just go "Oh, it'll be ok. God will handle it" when a crisis arises.

Again, try to see it more from Orihime's point of view, a teenage girl who has just seen her escorts ripped in half like tissue paper. Then, she's shown images of her friends and allies not just being beaten but getting totally dominated by Espada and told either way she will be captured, but that if she doesn't cooperate they will all be killed immediately. Should she have just wagered with her friends lives, and refused believing they'd all survive somehow? Or should she have accepted the offer and then try to defy Ulq orders resulting in possibly several more Espada being sent to kill them? Even if Soul Society were to get involved, Hitsugaya already stated that they weren't prepared to handle the Espada. Tell me how that situation could be resolved with no casualties? Orihime adhering to "beliefs" would've resulted in immediate bloodshed. At least, by cooperating Inoue gave them a chance to prepare, a chance they didn't take advantage of but it was a chance nonetheless.

I'm sure if it had been Ichigo, Renji or even Ishida in that situation they would've told Ulq to shove his offer up his a** and fought with everything they had. But I don't think it's accurate to call someone who doesn't have that same train of thought weak. And trying to say that the current situation somehow Inoue's fault is definitely not fair.
I see your point, but I don't see how her cooperation is making things better for the others. Whatever chance Inoue gave, if she was perceptive enough, she would have known they will not have taken it.

Ichigo, Renji and Ishida are aggressive fighters but they share the same character not because they are strong phsyically but because they have the strength of will. Now if you're going to put Inoue in that light, what about Chad? Chad is certainly not as strong as the others (even Ichigo doesn't think so) but he didn't let that stop him from trying to prove to the others that he is now did it? Chad has the same strength of will as the others have and hopefully Kubo will pull a miracle and somehow make it right for Chad.

No one is saying that this current situation is Inoue's fault. But the general consensus of most people is that they are disappointed in her. The people who put Inoue on a pedestral keep on saying that there was no other way to have gone either than the way that she did. You are limiting her options to just ONE and which is what she has taken.

I for one believe that there could have been another choice for Inoue. She, at least in comparison to the other's strength, is like Chad. Neither of them can be classified to be in the same league as their enemies at this point. Chad is beaten to a blood pulp and Inoue is held 'captive' (a term I'm not sure is fitting for her situation since she consented to join Aizen). But their key difference lies in the strength of their characters, the strength of their will. Chad has proven that while he isn't going to be in the next issue of Soul Society Super Star, he is made from the same strong character as the others are. Inoue on the other hand is a different story. By joining the enemy, in the guise of 'saving' her friends, she has consented to their plans.
yahoosoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 22:25   Link #62
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoosoda View Post
I see your point, but I don't see how her cooperation is making things better for the others. Whatever chance Inoue gave, if she was perceptive enough, she would have known they will not have taken it.

Ichigo, Renji and Ishida are aggressive fighters but they share the same character not because they are strong phsyically but because they have the strength of will. Now if you're going to put Inoue in that light, what about Chad? Chad is certainly not as strong as the others (even Ichigo doesn't think so) but he didn't let that stop him from trying to prove to the others that he is now did it? Chad has the same strength of will as the others have and hopefully Kubo will pull a miracle and somehow make it right for Chad.
I tend to think that if Chad was in the situation he'd react the same way as Ichigo, Renji and Ishida. Regardless of his power level, Chad is more or less a passionate fighter like Ichigo. Like you said, it is a matter of will or perhaps better said, instinct. Even Grimmjow makes note this past chapter that Ichigo's foremost instinct in any situation is to fight. Inoue doesn't have this same instinct. She is gentle in nature and her first instinct is the immediate well-being of her friends (or Ichigo for those who believe she is obsessed with him). Rukia, is hard to say but I believe that she is actually closer to Inoue in nature, but her rough past and shinigami training make her more aggressive. However, that doesn't mean that Inoue's strength of will is weak.

To me, it's like trying to compare Zaraki's actions against Unohana's. Both are captains. Both are inarguably strong in both body and mind. Yet Zaraki tries to cut through anything that stands in his way, while Unohana doesn't raise a finger against anyone the entire SS arc. Are we going to say that Zaraki is strong, while Unohana was a wuss? Of course not. Everyone realizes that Unohana was only concerned about minimizing casualties. I don't see why anyone would expect Inoue to react like Chad or Ichigo in a situation anymore than they'd expect Unohana to react like Zaraki.

Of course, Inoue isn't nearly as old or experienced as Unohana. She has self-doubt and can't figure how she fits at times, but she still has room to grow. However, she will never be bold and reckless like Ichigo. Still, people are calling her a lost cause when the arc isn't even over.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 23:23   Link #63
SaraPandora27
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
I think people are calling her a lost cause because of her disability to at least think rationally, set her priorities and trust her own abilities. Her powers were immense and this has been verified by several characters but does this make her feel more confident? No! For what reason I can't even understand. Even Rangiku's pep talk does nothing to boost her confidence and the fact that after a few major events, her character did not manage to attain a significant level of maturity.

She can't decide what she wants to be : Attacker, Defender or Healer and the range of her power is so extensive that it encompasses all 3 and she can pick any one role for her to excel in. Did she do that? No! and she can't decide what she wants which I guess if the reason why Urahara thinks she's a waste. Great powers, huge potential but what's the use of it if you can't decide how you can be of help to the team? That will make you a liability and that's how she's picked up by Aizen : for her powers and naivety to be exploited at his whim and fancy.
SaraPandora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 04:39   Link #64
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tropical France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Again, try to see it more from Orihime's point of view, a teenage girl who has just seen her escorts ripped in half like tissue paper. Then, she's shown images of her friends and allies not just being beaten but getting totally dominated by Espada and told either way she will be captured, but that if she doesn't cooperate they will all be killed immediately.
But in that case, she shouldn't be fighting! If she can't handle those kind of situations (which I can understand, since, as you said, she's just a teenager), then she has nothing to do on a battlefield, and that's what Rukia tried to explain to her.
That's what I dislike with her, she wants to be next to "kurosaki-kun" and fight with him, but her personality is just not made for fighting seriously, and her trying actually caused more troubles (against Yammy, or her abduction because she wanted to go back and help Ichigo).
At this point, she should have just acknowledged that and tried to be useful another way, or she should have truly changed and started to be agressive in battles.

Now, about her current situation...I don't fault her for joining Aizen, thinking she would help save her friends...But come on, after the whole SS arc and the bond they created, the girl should have known her friends better and have expected them to come save her. How could she be surprised?

The girl is an inconsistent mess imo, and now, she doesn't seem to know what she wants to do. After all, she only has 2 choices : either she actively helps her friends to escape HM, or she willingly go back to Aizen to proceed with her plan to destroy the Hōgyoku, which she seems to have forgotten.
__________________
Leerin icon by ree_rhea
Eurys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 05:06   Link #65
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Actually if you think of it from another way, she "dosen't know she can't fight". In her opinion, she hopes that even if its just abit, she could make a difference in the up coming war with her healing powers. Remember how she has saved several times her friends with her healing powers. Her overestimation isnt abnormal. Ichigo has overestimated himself several times, trying to go against grimmjaw and co., getting owned like mad. The thing is, unlike ichigo, she never got the chance to realize she was hopeless. She just got captured.
__________________
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 11:46   Link #66
solarknight123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraPandora27 View Post
I think people are calling her a lost cause because of her disability to at least think rationally, set her priorities and trust her own abilities. Her powers were immense and this has been verified by several characters but does this make her feel more confident? No! For what reason I can't even understand. Even Rangiku's pep talk does nothing to boost her confidence and the fact that after a few major events, her character did not manage to attain a significant level of maturity.

She can't decide what she wants to be : Attacker, Defender or Healer and the range of her power is so extensive that it encompasses all 3 and she can pick any one role for her to excel in. Did she do that? No! and she can't decide what she wants which I guess if the reason why Urahara thinks she's a waste. Great powers, huge potential but what's the use of it if you can't decide how you can be of help to the team? That will make you a liability and that's how she's picked up by Aizen : for her powers and naivety to be exploited at his whim and fancy.
That's my point. She is complaning about being useless when she has alot of potential with her powers. Hell she probably has some more than some of the shinigami. I wish she would open her eyes and take advantage of her powers.
solarknight123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 13:20   Link #67
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys View Post
But in that case, she shouldn't be fighting! If she can't handle those kind of situations (which I can understand, since, as you said, she's just a teenager), then she has nothing to do on a battlefield, and that's what Rukia tried to explain to her.
That's what I dislike with her, she wants to be next to "kurosaki-kun" and fight with him, but her personality is just not made for fighting seriously, and her trying actually caused more troubles (against Yammy, or her abduction because she wanted to go back and help Ichigo).
At this point, she should have just acknowledged that and tried to be useful another way, or she should have truly changed and started to be agressive in battles.

Now, about her current situation...I don't fault her for joining Aizen, thinking she would help save her friends...But come on, after the whole SS arc and the bond they created, the girl should have known her friends better and have expected them to come save her. How could she be surprised?

The girl is an inconsistent mess imo, and now, she doesn't seem to know what she wants to do. After all, she only has 2 choices : either she actively helps her friends to escape HM, or she willingly go back to Aizen to proceed with her plan to destroy the Hōgyoku, which she seems to have forgotten.
I really do not think she has forgotten that plan, but since then shes been worried after her friends came busting in and their condition, had the crap kicked out of her by two of her Arrancar captors, and had Ulqui looking over her shoulder very carefully. With these factors, things aren't going to be that simple. Hell, if she does go through with this plan as is, she'll be killed on the spot afterwards. In fact, Ichigo and co. coming to help is a great addition to this plan, you could even say she makes for a good spy.

All I can say is a pure healer has a much different mindset than an attacker does.
If she had some training with Hachi (and given the personality of the other Vizards
maybe she would have become more agressive as a plus) things might be better.
She has had training with how to use her powers more effectively, but not MENTAL training with which to reinforce her spirit. That is where the difference is.
__________________


Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 18:21   Link #68
Alea Misa
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
She has had training with how to use her powers more effectively, but not MENTAL training with which to reinforce her spirit. That is where the difference is.
I'm afraid that is something that she will have to learn on her OWN, its not something someone can force into her mind. She'll have to learn by experience, and she is getting just that. But so far, what is so troublesome is the fact that she goes in circles. Resolve-> fearful and tearful->resolve-> fearful and tearful->resolve-> fearful and tearful, alot of her 'issues' are created by her, and she is the only one who can get herself out of that crippling mentality.
The merry go round of doom, she is going to get herself killed, regardless of whether she is aware of her fictional character status.

Last edited by Alea Misa; 2007-06-27 at 19:10.
Alea Misa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 21:24   Link #69
fullbleach
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Baltimore,Maryland
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to fullbleach Send a message via Yahoo to fullbleach
I feel sorry for her because she feels left out of everything it just makes you sad inside.
fullbleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 01:04   Link #70
LoveToHate
I <3 Manga and Anime
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ???
Age: 23
Hi. I'm new here! I hope I can meet a lot of new people and be friends since obviously we share the same interest or I wouldn't be here. But after what I'm about to say I don't think some would want to be my friend.

Okay back to the topic.
I never did feel sorry for Orihime. Okay maybe I did at the beginning but it was so long ago that none of that feeling is left what so ever. First of all she bought it upon herself. I mean I know alot of people are already saying this but I mean her powers can really help the team if she stop whining all the time.
Spoiler for From awhile back:
Sorry for all that ranting. Hope it didn't offend anyone.
__________________

Bleach::Naruto::Major:: Death Note::Nodame Catabile
LoveToHate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 08:24   Link #71
solarknight123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToHate View Post
Hi. I'm new here! I hope I can meet a lot of new people and be friends since obviously we share the same interest or I wouldn't be here. But after what I'm about to say I don't think some would want to be my friend.

Okay back to the topic.
I never did feel sorry for Orihime. Okay maybe I did at the beginning but it was so long ago that none of that feeling is left what so ever. First of all she bought it upon herself. I mean I know alot of people are already saying this but I mean her powers can really help the team if she stop whining all the time.
Spoiler for From awhile back:
Sorry for all that ranting. Hope it didn't offend anyone.
Well you have to realize at that time when she was told to heal his arm, she really didn't have much of a choice. They would have decided to kill her or force her one way or another.
solarknight123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 11:48   Link #72
cellardoor
Untitled 1
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Germany
@solarknight:

And you have to realize that I and most of other posters here, think that one way or another Aizen woud have had what he wanted in the end but the thing is, and that's our only point, she didn't try. It's 100% certain that she would have ended in HM whether she fought back or willingly went to there. The result wouldn't have changed if she stood up and refused to heal GJ's arm. But she did have a right to choose the way, unfortunately she has chosen the easy and not-so-honorable way in those two incidents. Many of the readers, at least I, would have respected her if she had fought back, if she had stood up against their will. However, this is not the case, hence the complaints about her defeatist attitude.
__________________
Thanks to KT and Jenni for this hilarious avatar ^_^
cellardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 15:59   Link #73
solarknight123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellardoor View Post
@solarknight:

And you have to realize that I and most of other posters here, think that one way or another Aizen woud have had what he wanted in the end but the thing is, and that's our only point, she didn't try. It's 100% certain that she would have ended in HM whether she fought back or willingly went to there. The result wouldn't have changed if she stood up and refused to heal GJ's arm. But she did have a right to choose the way, unfortunately she has chosen the easy and not-so-honorable way in those two incidents. Many of the readers, at least I, would have respected her if she had fought back, if she had stood up against their will. However, this is not the case, hence the complaints about her defeatist attitude.
Well i guess you have a point.
solarknight123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 06:42   Link #74
SaraPandora27
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
I don't know about the crush part but she doesn't like how Ichigo seems to be drifting away from her. Google "Bleach chapter 25.2"
Yup, she did voice out her frustration about that.
SaraPandora27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 11:56   Link #75
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Quote:
by Solarknight123
Im just hoping she gets a backbone and actualy becomes useful. Instead of a weak crying damsel in destress who always has to be rescued all the time.
She believes she's weak yet those feeling are making her weak
She is weak because her powers are weak.
If she was as strong as ichigo then her confidence would alright.
Although ichigo gets depressed everytime he gets pounded by someone stronger.

Quote:
by yahoosoda
But by going with Aizen she has commited the greatest betrayal by not having enough faith in her friends.
Having faith and knowing that her friends are not strong enough are 2 different things.

Quote:
by yahoosoda
No doubt Aizen would have tried to take her by force if she refuses but that is better than the false presences she has woven around her captivity.
it would have shown a strong strength of character if she didn't just 'JOIN' them.
How can they be expected to fight to their fullest capacity not knowing the circumstances behind her capture.
What false presences Stay and her friends will die, go and her friends will live.
Since she cares about her friends and knows they will die if she stays, she has gone.
Orihime didn't just 'join', she saved her friends lives by 'joining'.
Since when does ichigo need to understand the reason for something in order to free his friends.

Quote:
by cellardoor
Many of the readers, at least I, would have respected her if she had fought back, if she had stood up against their will. However, this is not the case, hence the complaints about her defeatist attitude.
Why!?! what could Orihime have done that you people would have said. Wow she stood against their will.
Maybe if the showed her one of her friends heads on a plate! and said need to see more heads of your friends.
Would it been alright if Orihime would have joined then, because she stood up against them.

I find it so strange that people who dislike Orihime give these reasons.
Saying that she is so strong as her heart and she just need to strengthen her heart.
Like that will happen like that. Orihime may need to hit rock bottom in order to climb herself back up again and be a supporting character we would all like.
She may strengthen her heart but who is going to teach her how to use her powers.

Orihime has been alone for some time, her parents left her, her brother dies.
And now the person she loves is drifting away from her, atleast that's what she feels.
And when she wants to fight with her friends, she is told we don't need you, we have battle trained healers.
So go home and be alone again.
Even when she was told all that she didn't sit down and wanted to get stronger.

And don't compare Orihime with Sado, atleast he can fight, has the will to fight.
But then he and ichigo has been fighting all along.
Orihim has just been in fight just recently and couldn't do anything but healing.
__________________
2006-09-13, 02:28
The Searcher became a Legend!111 - (to)Arimfe

Quote from the Legendary!111 Searcher
"My heart is big enough for all the girls that lost"

Last edited by Searcher; 2007-07-02 at 12:06.
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 12:09   Link #76
solarknight123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
She is weak because her powers are weak.
If she was as strong as ichigo then her confidence would alright.
Although ichigo gets depressed everytime he gets pounded by someone stronger.



Having faith and knowing that her friends are not strong enough are 2 different things.



What false presences Stay and her friends will die, go and her friends will live.
Since she cares about her friends and knows they will die if she stays, she has gone.
Orihime didn't just 'join', she saved her friends lives by 'joining'.
Since when does ichigo need to understand the reason for something in order to free his friends.

I find it so strange that people who dislike Orihime give these reasons.
Saying that she is so strong as her heart and she just need to strengthen her heart.
Like that will happen like that. Orihime may need to hit rock bottom in order to climb herself back up again and be a supporting character we would all like.
She may strengthen her heart but who is going to teach her how to use her powers.

Orihime has been alone for some time, her parents left her, her brother dies.
And now the person she loves is drifting away from her, atleast that's what she feels.
And when she wants to fight with her friends, she is told we don't need you, we have battle trained healers.
So go home and be alone again.
Even when she was told all that she did sit down and wanted to get stronger.

And don't compare Orihime with Sado, atleast he can fight, has the will to fight.
But then he and ichigo has been fighting all along.
Orihim has just been in fight just recently and couldn't do anything but healing.
I don't think her powers are weak. It has been stated before that her heart will make her fairies more powerful. If her powers are being put in the same category as gods then their is potential for her. As for training, she can be trained by the big vizard guy cause his power is similar. The way her power works it sounds like willpower is what she bascially needs, thus she might have it easier training than some of the other guys
solarknight123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 12:19   Link #77
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
I think Aizen said that her powers are great, but how does he know that?
And maybe he will train Orihime in her power, would be cool.

Orihime could get training by that big vizard guy, but all his powers are on sealing not attack powers, so far what I have seen in the anime.
So not the right person to train.
__________________
2006-09-13, 02:28
The Searcher became a Legend!111 - (to)Arimfe

Quote from the Legendary!111 Searcher
"My heart is big enough for all the girls that lost"
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 15:09   Link #78
solarknight123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
I think Aizen said that her powers are great, but how does he know that?
And maybe he will train Orihime in her power, would be cool.

Orihime could get training by that big vizard guy, but all his powers are on sealing not attack powers, so far what I have seen in the anime.
So not the right person to train.
I think aizen was able to analyze her powers and determined that its a rare type and figured it has potential. As for the big guy,
Well he may have powers similar to her defensive side of her powers but he's still a good start. She could train with others like rukia even though their powers aren't the same. Maybe urhara could find out more about how her powers work. That guy is full of surprise.
solarknight123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 15:51   Link #79
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
I don't think aizen analyzed Orihime's powers, he didn't have the time to do it.
I just think that aizen has a clue but nothing more, besides how does aizen know how strong Orihime's power can be.
We know that she must be powerfull, just like Sado, otherwise I will be bored everytime ichigo has to save everone and everything.

And having sealing powers is not the same as having a offensive power.
What is Orihime going to do, seal the fights everytime.

Training with rukia is not the same because their powers are completly different.
Don't know if shinigami training methode is the right training for Orihime.

And if urhara did know something about Orihime's power then he would have said so.
But he doestn't know about her and sado's power, although training sado is easier, hell, he didn't know how to deal with ichigo hollow side.
__________________
2006-09-13, 02:28
The Searcher became a Legend!111 - (to)Arimfe

Quote from the Legendary!111 Searcher
"My heart is big enough for all the girls that lost"
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 16:41   Link #80
Mashda2k6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
im sick of her kurosaki-kuun + her crying about everything i just wanna see some action instead of relationship problems
Mashda2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.