AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 10 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 24.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-01, 14:01   Link #21
Estavali
絶対・慢心・ダメ・にゃのです!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the Horizon
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
As cool as that would be, I am hoping more for a "Okay, we've seen what you can do, here's what we can do!" Fate/Signum duel.
Enter lots of blood, flying limbs, wide-area devastation and the girls having horrific nightmares for years to come .
__________________

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 14:02   Link #22
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Shit, what's with Nanoha's "fighting/as a mage/the only thing I can do" narration? I know narrations are merely dramatics, but I've getting severe Kira/Athrun vibes from her...which means she'll probably screw up somewhere in the near future.

Well, for all it's worth, Nanoha and Fate are sleeping at each far end of the bed...however looks like Fate naturally respond well to hugs while asleep, so maybe that's fodder for you guys and girls right there.

What was Strada's 2nd mode again? Something special I heard? Apparently it's quite cool...

Wow... so the Teana/Chrono talks actually had some minor substance to it. Teana responds extremely stiffly to the situation though... she looked totally out of place with the friendly atmosphere of RHC. Though she later softened up to Acous... though I can't help but feel suspicious about it.

Claudia looks pretty cool from the get go...

As expected, the ban on conventional weapons got some explanations... Conventional my foot.

If TSAB reinforced the ban... and the 3 Admirals were around since TSAB's beginning...does that mean the 3 Admiral are OVER 150 YEARS OLD!?!?!?!? @_@

So the Numbers are something like....War...Beings, Weapons...something. Apparently Subaru's mom died under such creations.

The Double Mama thing was okay... Felt a little cheesy to me, but whatever swings the rabid minds.

Yawn.... as usual, LAZ does nothing but stand tall and look cool.

Next week, Sisters and Daughters...if Sisters refer to SubaGinga, then the Numbers are Jail's daughters!? Or it is Vivio...but it's plural... More Jail next week too..

Too much history-jargon stuff though. I missed at least 50% in translation. Acous gives me bad vibes... so does Carim to a lesser extent.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 14:02   Link #23
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
I think we're missing something important from this episode, other than how the Mrs Nakajima is almost an exact copy of Ginga like I've predicted... What were the conclusion about the Numbers? What are they really?

EDIT:

Nevermind, thanks Nightengale
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 14:11   Link #24
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
id say she "is" the biggest moe bomb to rival even the great loli fate chan...has got to be that voice ~ kudos to the seiyuu! ^.^
The voice, and the fact tat she stares at pretty much everything with innocent wide eyed wonder. That's pure moeness right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Shit, what's with Nanoha's "fighting/as a mage/the only thing I can do" narration? I know narrations are merely dramatics, but I've getting severe Kira/Athrun vibes from her...which means she'll probably screw up somewhere in the near future.
Hmm, I'm not sure about the Kira/Athrun vibe. I mean, there are multiple anime heroes that said the same, or lines that are virtually the same, and still kicked ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Wow... so the Teana/Chrono talks actually had some minor substance to it. Teana responds extremely stiffly to the situation though... she looked totally out of place with the friendly atmosphere of RHC. Though she later softened up to Acous... though I can't help but feel suspicious about it.
Teana has always been the more disciplinairy of the squad, barring her little emo-trip. I would have been surprised if she didn't act all stiff and nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
As expected, the ban on conventional weapons got some explanations... Conventional my foot.
I didn't understand much of it, but when I saw the big bomb dropping I was going "That's conventional? What the hell do they concider inconventional!?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Next week, Sisters and Daughters...if Sisters refer to SubaGinga, then the Numbers are Jail's daughters!? Or it is Vivio...but it's plural... More Jail next week too..
I'm thinking it both refers to the Nakajima sisters. Maybe we get a bit more information on the entire familly.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 14:16   Link #25
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
If TSAB reinforced the ban... and the 3 Admirals were around since TSAB's beginning...does that mean the 3 Admiral are OVER 150 YEARS OLD!?!?!?!? @_@

The Double Mama thing was okay... Felt a little cheesy to me, but whatever swings the rabid minds.
1) they are not humans! they are aliens by earthling standards so maybe their average life span is 200 yrs old ~

2) thx for informing me that i have a rabid mind @_@ (not that i try to hide it anyway )

"so moe im gonna die!!"
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 14:22   Link #26
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Shit, what's with Nanoha's "fighting/as a mage/the only thing I can do" narration? I know narrations are merely dramatics, but I've getting severe Kira/Athrun vibes from her...which means she'll probably screw up somewhere in the near future.
Ah well, from a humor point of view, perhaps it's refering to future daycare services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
What was Strada's 2nd mode again? Something special I heard? Apparently it's quite cool...
*cough, Nevan, cough, Thunderfury *

(I know there's probably alot other better weapons, but I can't think of any at the moment...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Wow... so the Teana/Chrono talks actually had some minor substance to it. Teana responds extremely stiffly to the situation though... she looked totally out of place with the friendly atmosphere of RHC. Though she later softened up to Acous... though I can't help but feel suspicious about it.
RHC?

Anyway, it's not like we pulled that 'pairing' out from out asses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Claudia looks pretty cool from the get go...
Pic it, or it didn't happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
If TSAB reinforced the ban... and the 3 Admirals were around since TSAB's beginning...does that mean the 3 Admiral are OVER 150 YEARS OLD!?!?!?!? @_@
Mid-childan live longer I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
So the Numbers are something like....War...Beings, Weapons...something. Apparently Subaru's mom died under such creations.
That explains everything... Including how Subaru would get more screentime... Sigh...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 14:23   Link #27
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I think we're missing something important from this episode, other than how the Mrs Nakajima is almost an exact copy of Ginga like I've predicted... What were the conclusion about the Numbers? What are they really?

EDIT:

Nevermind, thanks Nightengale
To be more precise, they're called Sentoukijin... which can be translated as War Demon or something based on what the kanji used refer to. Though below really, it's really closer to just "War Humanoid Beings/Human Weapons" or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure about the Kira/Athrun vibe. I mean, there are multiple anime heroes that said the same, or lines that are virtually the same, and still kicked ass.
True that, but I used Kira/Athrun as a analogy because I can't shake off the feeling that for whatever Nanoha is doing right now being on the right path and so...I can't throw away the gut feeling that it'll backfire one way or another... be it through internal back-stabbing or something. Granted, if it doesn't happen, then it won't. Just a gut feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
RHC?

Pic it, or it didn't happened

Mid-childan live longer I guess
Rossa, Hayate, Chrono.

Go watch the raw on nicovid...Gotta say that the linings and colours of Claudia matches well with Chrono's BJ.

I suppose...look at Lindy.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 14:33   Link #28
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

*cough, Nevan, cough, Thunderfury *

(I know there's probably alot other better weapons, but I can't think of any at the moment...)
*cough, Furaiken, cough*

Erm... What else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Rossa, Hayate, Chrono.

Go watch the raw on nicovid...Gotta say that the linings and colours of Claudia matches well with Chrono's BJ.

I suppose...look at Lindy.
Ah.

Coincidence? ()

Mid-Childan sure has it easy... Wonder what's the retirement age What's more, they start work at 10 so...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 15:37   Link #29
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
True that, but I used Kira/Athrun as a analogy because I can't shake off the feeling that for whatever Nanoha is doing right now being on the right path and so...I can't throw away the gut feeling that it'll backfire one way or another... be it through internal back-stabbing or something. Granted, if it doesn't happen, then it won't. Just a gut feeling.
Yeah, I know. Gut feelings are usually pretty hard to shake off.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 15:41   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's a rough life I guess. When you can blast things to oblivion something bad has to come with it. Aka a really bad work schedule.

Well Chrono decided to leave Carim's place and hang out on his ship. Though for consolation he spends some time alone with Hayate while Acous goes to chat with Teana.

More talking (man do I wish I understood half a word of all this). Vivio apparently scoring a couple of moms this time around. Though I can't blame the girl for being fairly confused for the first few moments.

Maybe they can help us out next week. Full out 'sparring' match with Fate and Signum. I want explosions, I want destruction for once! Never hurts now and then after all for a little damage to get done in the series.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 15:49   Link #31
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
By the way, anyone else besides me noticed that Vivio had Arisa's former hairstyle in the preview?

Which brings me to another theory:

Spoiler for Vivio... like Fate?:


Food for thought.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 16:20   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
By the way, anyone else besides me noticed that Vivio had Arisa's former hairstyle in the preview?

Which brings me to another theory:

Spoiler for Vivio... like Fate?:


Food for thought.
In terms of character design, there has been tons of coincidences, and you didn't explain the one red eye. But that statement "Vivio is like Fate" is quite a trap

Vivio is like Fate because... They're from the same project

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's a rough life I guess. When you can blast things to oblivion something bad has to come with it. Aka a really bad work schedule.
I don't know, up to recently, she hasn't seen much action...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well Chrono decided to leave Carim's place and hang out on his ship. Though for consolation he spends some time alone with Hayate while Acous goes to chat with Teana.
Leave Carim to spend time with Hayate... Hmm... Has anyone seen the "Velka girls gone wild!" dvd that was around here somewhere?

Acous with Teana? Well, that's back to the drawing board then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Maybe they can help us out next week. Full out 'sparring' match with Fate and Signum. I want explosions, I want destruction for once! Never hurts now and then after all for a little damage to get done in the series.
I think they can give better.

In the spoilers, they describe it with the words "the "next incident" was closing to them..."
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 16:28   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Hmm... For a Monday, this thread seems to be going extra super slow...

Was it really that bad of an episode?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 16:33   Link #34
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
It's still sunday over here in Europe. Sunday evening, to be precice.

Or maybe not many people have seen the episode yet, since Nicovideo was being a pain today.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 16:52   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well could be since it's Sunday at least last time I checked. Canada Day big hockey stuff so at leat the Canadian connection might be slightly busy. For once nicovideo was doing alright.

Well let's hope the next incident is coming. If I can't understand a word being said they've got to cause some crazy situation.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 16:53   Link #36
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmm... For a Monday, this thread seems to be going extra super slow...

Was it really that bad of an episode?
simply put...yes it was...
i could have fallen asleep if it wasnt for the moe moments provided by vivio (which ultimately was the saver for me)
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 16:55   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's still sunday over here in Europe. Sunday evening, to be precice.
VERY early Monday morning here in Southeast Asia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Or maybe not many people have seen the episode yet, since Nicovideo was being a pain today.
I was under the impression that Nicovideo was never very compliance

Even Thisguy is late with his (slightly more) detailed summary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
simply put...yes it was...
i could have fallen asleep if it wasnt for the moe moments provided by vivio (which ultimately was the saver for me)
I think that was the main point of the episode

Not a very good point, but nonetheless...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 17:04   Link #38
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
VERY early Monday morning here in Southeast Asia
As of a few seconds ago, it's monday over here too.

I do agree that this was a dull episode. The main problem is that there is lots of talking in this episode. So much, in fact, that even I skipped parts, simply because I feel no need to watch people sitting around a table bla-bla-ing about things where I can catch only two or three words per sentence. Not everyone speaks Japanese, so most are being left out in understanding the episode, and therefore don't have that much to discuss.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 17:04   Link #39
mechdra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
By the way, anyone else besides me noticed that Vivio had Arisa's former hairstyle in the preview?

Which brings me to another theory:

Spoiler for Vivio... like Fate?:


Food for thought.
Fate = Rau and Vivio = Rey
I felt that their relationship is more like that. But poor Elio, confused about his relationship with Fate.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 17:10   Link #40
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Fate = Rau and Vivio = Rey
I felt that their relationship is more like that. But poor Elio, confused about his relationship with Fate.
Evangelion bored me after the second DVD, so I have no clue who this "Rau" is.

On another note, Fate has red eyes, Arisa has green eyes, Vivio has one red and one green eye.

Coincidence?
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.