AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2007-07-06, 00:27   Link #21
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yes that's perfect,
Thank You
Old 2007-07-06, 08:14   Link #22
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Okay, I confirm ScaneRSS works! I got my first pleasant surprise this morning when I saw that the Higurashi episode released overnight had been already downloaded

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 01:48   Link #23
silki

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Okay, I confirm ScaneRSS works! I got my first pleasant surprise this morning when I saw that the Higurashi episode released overnight had been already downloaded
Like WanderingKnight notes here there is a bug in the ScaneRSS installer that tries to fetch info from the wrong URL, preventing some (all?) people from getting it installed. There is a workaround here.

Just use http://www.animesuki.com/rss.php?link=enclosure instead of a tvrss.net feed...
silki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 21:44   Link #24
Green˛
It's Magic

Automatic Download Guide using RSS - For µTorrent 1.8

Setting Up µTorrent's RSS Downloader to work with AnimeSuki

1. Open the µTorrent client. From the above menu, select File/Add RSS Feed...

2. Within the "Add RSS Feed" window that should have popped up, add to the "Feed URL" input box line at the right: http://animesuki.rut.org/rss.php?style=alt And then select the OK button.

Adding Stuff to Download

3. From the above menu, select Options/RSS Downloader...

4. At the bottom left corner of the RSS Downloader window that should have popped up, select the Add button. Type in a short name of the title to associate with this download, and hit enter on the keyboard. (Ex: Allison and Lillia)

5. Within the right column of the Favorites tab, enter within the Filter line: Name of the program title*(XviD) or (h264)*Group name

Probably a better way to describe the Filter line to you, is that this line tells the RSS Downloader what you want to have downloaded. With (Filter matches original name instead of decoded name) enabled below within the Favorites tab of the RSS Downloader window, we can scan the Full Name as provided by the AnimeSuki RSS Feed. This RSS Feed providing the program title, followed by season & episode number, followed by if it is (XviD) or (h264) encoded, followed by [fansubber group name].

Important: The * wildcard, I like to think of as a (ignore anything between here) command.
(Ex: Tetsuwan Birdy Decode*[AoShen] ...where the * wildcard was added in place of the AnimeSuki RSS Feed list of: Tetsuwan Birdy Decode 1x06 (XviD) [AoShen] ...as to ignore the season, episode number, and codec.)

I use only the episode title name, (XviD) or (h264), and [fansubber group name], while mostly ignoring the episode number, because there's no need to track by episode number if when downloading the latest release by group name.

(Encode (XviD) or (h264) line may both block downloading titles that do not have a (XviD) or (h264) listing, where one group only puts out one version per episode, and AnimeSuki's RSS Feed doesn't list its encode.)

Filter Line Key:
  • Title name only = Download the latest everything by that title name (Ex: Tetsuwan Birdy Decode*)
  • Title name and (XviD) or (h264) = Download the latest everything by title name as specified by AnimeSuki RSS Feed as by either XviD or h264 (Ex: Tetsuwan Birdy Decode*(XviD)*)
  • Title name and Fansub Group name = Downloading the latest everything by title name as put out by that fansub group (Ex: Tetsuwan Birdy Decode*[AoShen])
  • Title name and (XviD) or (h264) and Fansub Group name = Download the latest Xvid or h264 release of title as put out by that fansub group (Ex: Tetsuwan Birdy Decode*(XviD)*[AoShen])
  • Fansub Group name only = Download the latest everything as released by that fansub group (Ex: *[AoShen])
  • (XviD) or (h264) and Fansub Group name = Download the latest AnimeSuki RSS Feed listed XviD or h264 everything as released by that fansub group (Ex: *(XviD)*[AoShen])

6. Within the right column of the Favorites tab, in the drop-down menu of the "Feed" line, select the http://animesuki.rut.org/rss.php?style=alt line, to use the AnimeSuki RSS feed.

7. Within the right column of the Favorites tab, in the "Save in" line, click the ... button at the far right. Within the Browse For Folder window that should have popped up, specify where you want these downloads to be saved to, ...to where you will know where to find them later.
(Ex: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\Video New)

8. Within the right column of the Favorites tab, be sure that there is a check mark in the box next to the line: Filter matches original name instead of decoded name

9. Now click on the Close button of the RSS Downloader window.

10. Keep the µTorrent client running at all times for the RSS Downloader to automatically download latest releases from the AnimeSuki RSS feed.
Green˛ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiki candidate