AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-07, 13:15   Link #21
TomGaines

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
well some of the actors and actress look a little old to be playing teenagers
Yes, but that would not be unusual for Hollywood
Old 2007-07-07, 14:07   Link #22
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I think a FMP live action film would be cool, but I doubt it will happen.
Old 2007-07-07, 16:25   Link #23
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
I'm amazed at the effort put into finding the closest look-alikes!! In a lot of cases, I think your choices are good...for appearances. I don'tk now enough about some of the actors to say anything for acting, tho.

Biel, however, would be a good choice. I wonder what she looks like with blue hair!
Old 2007-07-08, 12:34   Link #24
masterwok

well i dont know if they will keep the same hair color for kaname and some of the other characters
Old 2007-07-08, 12:41   Link #25
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm glad people are bringing up G-Saviour as a counter example. Yes last time somebody tried to make a live action rendition of a mecha series that I can recall, the results were less than stellar. Plus finding good actors to portray the characters would be a big problem in Japan as from the Live Action Sentai and Live Action movies such as Battle Royale, I've noticed that young Japanese actors (who would be necessary for Sousuke, Kaname and their classmates etc.) have a tendency to overact, causing most scenes to end up comical regardless of intention.
Old 2007-11-25, 11:49   Link #26
Kittie Rose

I'd be upset is Tessa and Kaname had "Normal" hair. I know they sort of do in the novels but it's not the novels I'm a fan of.
Old 2007-11-25, 12:09   Link #27
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I don't know how'd they'd be able to script and cast properly. The characters are a mix of different national backgrounds, all of whom for some reason magically speak Japanese. I tried watching the live action Negima and Nodame, and both were off-putting for the reason that Negi was not Welsh and Stresseman was not German (guess what they were). And they were just ONE character from each show. And did they have to make Negi look so horrid? I mean, what kid, Welsh or Japanese, has a mop for hair?

Anyway, aside from Sousuke and the school cast, none of the other characters are Japanese. Tessa, Mao, and Leonard are Americans, Kalinin is Russian, Mardukas is English, Kurz is German, and so on. So they're going to change the script they way they do any show to fit the characters coming from a Japanese background, as they won't be able to find foreign actors who can speak Japanese fluently. Experience with other such shows tells me that the adaptation is not going to be convincing and therefore won't make for compelling watch.

They'd also need to be more realistic with the costume designs and makeup. Kaname's hair color isn't so much blue but a shade of black, and Tessa's hair isn't so much silver gray as she is ash blonde.
Old 2007-11-26, 04:07   Link #28
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

i heard FMP was rather english for a japanese novel? ( as in many western references)?

maybe some hollywood dude picks up this story lol.
Old 2007-11-26, 13:56   Link #29
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxon View Post
As long as Michael Bay doesn't direct it, I think it would be okay. The Transformers from the Transformers live action movie look terrible from what I've seen of the adverts.
ARE U SERIOUS, transformers was badass it was amazing movie. as for FMP movie NO i am opposed it would be retarded imo..... i dont really have any idea why, but when i saw this thread i though NO.
Old 2007-11-29, 17:55   Link #30
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Transformers gives me hope for FMP live action
Old 2007-11-29, 21:06   Link #31
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Transformers makes me wish Mech-Warrior was popular enough, I miss that game, had much potential for a movie/MMO. When Blackout was trashing the base at the start I was like, omg, Madcat + PPC = WIN. But thinking about it I could easily see the Arbalest or a Venom hurling around some engery stuff with the Lambda Driver.

Live Action FMP would rock, if they didn't skimp so much on sets/actors or what ever. Saddly the trend with new shows seems to be, that unless it is about 'emo-rich-teens-sexin-it-up-24/7' the budget has a tendency to suck arse. Otherwise only long running shows have decent budgets/sets, or cop shows.
Old 2007-11-30, 13:29   Link #32
Tabris

It'd need a delicious Tessa.
Old 2007-12-01, 20:23   Link #33
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Transformers makes me wish Mech-Warrior was popular enough, I miss that game, had much potential for a movie/MMO. When Blackout was trashing the base at the start I was like, omg, Madcat + PPC = WIN. But thinking about it I could easily see the Arbalest or a Venom hurling around some engery stuff with the Lambda Driver.

Live Action FMP would rock, if they didn't skimp so much on sets/actors or what ever. Saddly the trend with new shows seems to be, that unless it is about 'emo-rich-teens-sexin-it-up-24/7' the budget has a tendency to suck arse. Otherwise only long running shows have decent budgets/sets, or cop shows.
i agree, but we dont want another final fantasy movie type, that sucked hardcore (not advent children, they made up witH that movie) but frankly this is a hit or miss, if one thing is cockeyed then the moved is f*cked, and put a stain in the series. If FMP ends great, which is it will xD, they should just cut it from there and not take any chances with live action.
Closed Thread