AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-12-31, 08:41   Link #1
martino
makes no files now

Siam Shade

Are there any Siam Shade fans around here???

I got to Siam Shade by looking up various j-rock sites, and they didn't seem to be mentioned that often, so I suspect that they weren't that big. Prove me wrong please...

However I love their stuff. I have heard only one song from Dream Theater so I can't really say as to how much their style influenced Siam Shade's music.

They might actually be the first band from which I actually like every single song on 2 or 3 albums that they released. No-one ever managed to do that before with me...

Now I just can't stop listening to their stuff. I especially like Solomon's Seal, but all their songs are great. Except for their 7th album, where imo most of the songs just lack the touch.
Old 2006-12-31, 11:44   Link #2
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Hm, I was always under the impression that they were quite popular (abroad, I mean, they definitely were in Japan)... it was just that they broke up and didn't have the kind of legacy, say, X Japan did. I definitely heard a lot about them when I was still actively following the whole jrock scene, though I didn't actually hear much of their stuff until a few months back when I got hold of IV. Which I really liked But that's all I've heard. I'll have to hunt out some of their other stuff some time.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 11:56   Link #3
Fome

Siam Shade will always remain the best Jrock band in my heart. No one can match Daita's progressive lead melodies on guitar. I love them because their songs are so catchy, and the instrumentals are never repetitive. They strive to make every measure filled with interesting guitar licks or singing, and some of their mood transitions are just magical. That's probably what makes Solomon's Seal such a beautiful piece. It's simply so epic.

The 7th album was just a bunch of english versions of old popular songs, so I'm not sure what you mean by "lost their touch."

I'm glad I found other people who also like this band.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 12:46   Link #4
martino
makes no files now

I'm not sure myself what I meant by that, but most of the songs just didn't feel right...

IV is really good. The third song was a Samurai X ED, wasn't it?
Old 2006-12-31, 13:06   Link #5
Fome

Yep, that was their most popular song, I believe.

I wonder if you've heard "Life." It's another sad song by them, and probably my favorite.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 17:11   Link #6
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Siam Shade is up there with B'z on my list of favorite Japanese bands. When I was in Japan in 2003 I picked up all of their CDs as fast as I could find them (Siam Shade VII and I were nowhere to be found...)

As for favorite songs, "Young, Younger, Youngest" is one of mine simply for the crazy progression and excellent melody.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 10:03   Link #7
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
Yep, that was their most popular song, I believe.

I wonder if you've heard "Life." It's another sad song by them, and probably my favorite.
Yes. Life is quite an inetresting song, a bit different from the others but a great one. It's nice to play it at the very end, after listening to all the fast paced stuff...

"Owaranai Machi" and "if ~Hitorigoto~" are also very good.
Old 2007-01-02, 11:35   Link #8
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Siam Shade is good and catching, especially the song "Prayer". that one is still my favorite song of them.
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 12:57   Link #9
Baka-neko
Nekosuki

Send a message via MSN to Baka-neko
I'm not gonna even list my favorite songs.
Really, Siam Shade is my favorite japanese band _EVER_.
Actually Siam Shade is one of my top favorite bands _EVER_.

I'm a hardcore Siam Shade fan as I love almost every song they have made.

It's a sad thing that they broke up. And maybe that's why noone talks about them.
Old 2007-02-28, 10:28   Link #10
martino
makes no files now

I'm thinking of buying one of their concert DVDs, but I have no clue as to which one would be worth the most or considered to be the best (I noticed people saying that V6 is good, but what about V7?). So far I found only one place which sells those DVDs and ships them to UK; YesAsia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 2007-02-28, 13:13   Link #11
Baka-neko
Nekosuki

I have V7 and V8 and from those V7 is best. Best songs there, although V8 has two songs with multiple angle choices

Some have said that V6 is best.

I would recommend V7
Old 2007-03-03, 20:37   Link #12
martino
makes no files now

Thanks for the recommendation, but I think that YouTube might help me a bit... :P
Old 2007-07-09, 14:05   Link #13
Baka-neko
Nekosuki

So Siam Shade is reuniting for one night (18.11.07) to honor Nakamura Shinichi who passed away.

I would really like to go there (as this may be once in a life time thing ) and I'm already started planning my trip.
Old 2007-07-09, 16:51   Link #14
Flame-X
Anti-fan

for those who like Siam Shade, i recommend to check out ACID, which was Hideki's project after Siam Shade's disbandment. ACID has done the OP/ED themes for Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho